"Suddenly we're strangers again"

I'm starting to realize just how many failed relationship or breaking up prompts I wrote. It's  sad how hard it is for me to write romance and or comedy.

I wrote some funny prompts as well but they aren't really funny. It's just basic conversation.

______________________________

"Can we talk about this?" She stood a few feet away from me and asked hopefully.

"No" I refused to look at her.

"Will you ever forgive me?" The hope in her tone died down with this question.

I waited a beat before answering.

"No"

She scoffed, suddenly annoyed by my answers.

"The guy I knew would've forgiven me." She said to rile me up. It worked.

"Yeah, well, the girl I thought I knew wouldn't have done what you did." I finally looked up at her.

"But if you just let me explain, then you'll realize that I'm the same girl you knew." She held out her hands and took a step closer.

"I don't think it's that simple." I took a step back and she brought her hands back to her chest.

"Don't you wanna go back to the days where we would talk about anything and everything?" She tried again.

"We used to know everything about each other-" She started.

"And suddenly we're strangers again."

My words were left hanging in the air. It brought tears to her eyes.

"But I love you.." the tears spilled from her eyes and I looked away.

I thought so too.

______________________

I dont like the ending to this one. maybe those aren't the words I was looking for, but I wrote this 2 years ago. I guess I don't care much to correct it.