bad first impressions

"Hey!"

A voice yelled out. "Are you an idiot or are you just stupid on purpose?"

Taylor turned his head towards the sound and winced when a wave of nausea and dizziness hit him. Maybe, if he pretended he was asleep, the voice would go away.

Three quick knocks were heard on the car window.

He peeled on eye open and saw a very angry looking brunette standing menacingly by his car. He lowered the window just a smidge.

"Is there a problem officer?"

"I wish I was a cop so I could give you a ticket. Do you have any idea how close you were to crashing into me? I have kids in my car!"

"You go to Elk River University ?" Taylor noticed the insignia on the sweatshirt she wore. "I loved studying there."

She scoffed and crossed her arms. "Let me guess, you dropped out?"

"I graduated top of my class actually." Taylor sat up, his dizziness gradually fading away. He didn't see the disbelief in her eyes, but he knew it was coming.

"And you got your degree in art." She rolled her eyes, but her breath caught in her throat when he opened the car door and stepped out.

He stood a few inches taller than her. He didn't look so menacing in the car but in the car park lighting, she could see the tattoos peeking through the sleeves of his shirt and the piercings on his nose and ears.

"How did you know?" He said in pure honesty before stretching his arms above his head.

She flinched away from him, only now noticing they were alone and no one would help the kids if this guy happened to be dangerous.

"Look," He started. "I've got a massive headache. I'm sorry about almost crashing into you. I'd repay you for emotional damages, but you'd have to wait in line."

Scratch that, this guy was as menacing as a sloth.

All her road rage quickly dissipated and she had no other reason to stay standing by him. He didn't crash into her and he didn't seem like he was in the right state of mind. Seeing as there was nothing more for her to say, she started walking back to her car.

"Alex!" Taylor shouted and the girl turned in confusion before remembering her name was on the back of the sweater.

"What?"

"Say 'hi' to the kids for me."

Alex turned back around and rolled her eyes one last time.

Not a single serious bone in his body. Not a single one.

"I graduated top of my class."

Yeah, and I'm the pope.

***

I haven't touched this app in a while and I haven't been writing either. I just remembered I had this short little prompt prepared and wanted to share.

Now you can go about your day as you were.

Also FREE PALESTINE.

thanks.