CHAPTER 1

The Wingless Crow

After half the country's destruction, the renaissance of the place they were born in, was peaceful yet aggressive. The citizens seemed to be recovering fully well. The so-called 'great ones' were pouring out of grief and stress. The born grim on the other hand, were ecstatic for the fall of greatness.

'The five' weren't great but were also not grim. They somehow stood in the middle of what was right and what was wrong. They were not heroes nor were they villains. They were trained to destroy anything but had to do it with one condition, reason.

They, as many others, were born with the blessing of a non-human ability. From the fastest human to the strongest, their ability laid over what was mental and what was physical greatness.
...

The dark brown car threw sounds from the engine, as the driver parked in front of the dark hidden mansion. "We're here" the somehow aesthetically old person said, turning to look at the passenger seat, where Kilian sat "How old is she anyway?" he said while unbuckling the seatbelt.

"She's your age" the old one spoke again, mimicking Kilian's actions, he sighed "Alright then" they both got out of the car, the old white hair person waited for Killian as he walked around the car.

They rang the doorbell, as well as the entrance call button. It took a long time for anyone to answer, Killian was growing nervous but they calmed him down by placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, then, someone answered "Yes, what?" a female monotone voice said, Killian jumped in the spot, the person giggled and answered "Open the door" it took a second for the voice to reply, "Why?" the person rolled their eyes "Just open the door".

Then the door made a clicking sound, the person looked at the young adult, giving him a sign to walk in, so he did. The person followed. "Sōsa! Come down please!" Killian took his coat off as the person instructed him to. Then some light steps were heard, "That's what I'm doing, you don't need to yell" the once anonymous voice appeared, there stood a young woman with dark hair, red eyes, and a dark aura.

"Who's this?" she said glancing at Killian up and down, "He's the one I told you about", Sōsa hummed, she walked down the stairs taking her time, then she stood in front of him, she raised her face to look at him "What's your name?" Killian gulped. Even though there was a big height difference between them, Killian felt intimidated by the acquaintance.

"Wing" Killian answered in a shaking voice, it almost seemed like he was about to piss his pants. Sōsa let out a whiny yet breathy sound "Your real name moron" she spoke raising her voice, "Killian...Ma'am" both the person and Sōsa chuckled. She stepped back.

"Nova...What do you want me to do here?" she frowned at them, "Just keep him with you...It's been rough these past months, I think being here with you will help him" Sōsa took a deep breath and looked at the young blonde, "One of the heroes huh?" she commented, Killian didn't know if he should respond, so he just nodded.

"Very well then...does Killian have any bags?" Nova smiled widely "Yes, I'll go get them" they disappeared past the door.

Sōsa and Killian stood there in silence, usually Killian was the chatter type, but he was with someone new, so he had to raise his manners as much as possible. After a moment of silence, Sōsa took it upon herself to speak, "Let's go...Follow me" so Killian did.

They walked up the stairs only to be greeted by a large hallway filled with pictures. And only a few pieces of furniture on the floor. They walked through the hall, Killian curiously looked at the walls, contemplating the pictures, they were all printed in color except for one. He stopped "Who's this?", Sōsa looked back at him, she lifted her view up to see the portrait.