CHAPTER 12

Selfish
It had been four months since the whole situation. The papers Killian had brought Nova were requirements for him to be able to apply for the job of the tutor of the 12th generation.

After all this time he had spent learning about the group, he grew interested in the job. And, Nova thought it would be a great idea for him to apply.

The council of The Five reviewed the current situation, they said that continuing with further missions would be useless, foolish and selfish. They said to pay respect for the ones they've lost, so instead, they made plans for the future. For who was having a child first and how many. So the members of The Five the 11th generation are officially retired from the job.

Sōsa was still against the idea of breeding for destruction. But her word and opinion was small compared to the council.

Itami decided that after he finds someone, he will be the first one to be a father. He said he should be the first one since he's been missing so many years that all he can do is continue and breed.

Then Mika agreed for her to be the second. Although she decided to have someone donate their sperm to get pregnant. She didn't want to spend the pregnancy alone, and she didn't want to marry a man either, so she'll settle down with a woman who understands the situation. She hopes to fall in love as well.

Then Sōsa was left, she knew that one of them had to have two children, she didn't even want one. She needed to find someone to be the father yet she didn't want to marry nor have sex. Sōsa decided to go ahead and ask Killian for him to be the father, to which he responded, "why me though?" Sōsa only shrugged and said, "I have no one else."

Killian completely agreed, although he didn't mention anything about the job of being the tutor to Sōsa. So she was sure that he would just give her a child, then she'll never see him again.

...

Maindorido's ashes had been stored in a vase. A gold vase, kept in the chapel in a wooden table at the side from the colored windows, at the very front. Maindorido loved going to the chapel, though Sōsa is not so sure if she would've loved being kept in the chapel forever, so she wore a necklace with a small container that had some of her ashes.

She wore her ashes to have her with her, so Maindorido could still be around with her, for Maindorido to be free at last.

The rain poured and splashed on the ground. Droplets of water running down the black umbrella Sōsa held in her hand, looking down at the name of her toxic beloved that was marked on the gravestone.

"Damon Shaw," she read out loud.

On her other hand she held a bouquet of flowers with hyacinths, pink carnations, and sweet peas.

When she was young, she loved to study the meaning of plants, flowers in specific. She loved the fact that she could say everything needed to be said with flowers, it was easy and beautiful.

She stood in front of the grave.

"I feel nothing, I feel numb. Is this what you wanted for me?" she said, "is this what you meant?"

She applied force on her hold of the flowers, then smelling them. They smelled fresh, and peaceful.

"I brought you flowers, Maindorido died." it was quiet, the rain being the only company.

"She never liked you, neither did you." she chuckled. "I'm tired. I'm so tired Damon."

She knelt and placed the bouquet on his grave stone.

"I've decided I will let my child have some of your blood, so they can have a fire descendant ability." her voice low but soft. She was always soft with him.

"I forgive you for what you've done to me." she took a deep breath, tears didn't fill her eyes anymore, she didn't feel the urge to cry until she couldn't breathe anymore. "I miss you."

She stayed quiet for a moment, still kneeled in front of the gravestone. Her black thighs are definitely getting dirty, her black boots getting muddy.

"Times like this I wish you were alive. But you told me you would never comfort me when I needed you the most. Yet you did. Sometimes at least..." she looked up at the sky, her face getting wet with droplets of the rain.

She looked back at the ground. "I think, I'm sure you didn't mean any of it. Did you? You loved me, right?"

"It doesn't matter anyways, you are dead now. I killed you."

She stayed there for a long time. Almost two hours. Just quiet and thinking. Then, she asked.

"Did you know about Jishaku? You said someone was already on the duty of killing me..."

Her lightbulb of ideas lit up, she came with a hypothesis that could explain everything that had happened. And everything that will happen.

She stood up, leaving the bouquet of flowers on the ground. Her knees are weak after kneeling for so long. "Thank you." she whispered before running off to her motorcycle.