CHAPTER 9

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Sōsa's dark sunglasses didn't give her the plus point to fighting Acker, who was coming at her with a knife in his hand. She tried her best to push her slobiness that had collected within her away to block every hit. She would use her knife Jishaku gave her on her birthday to defend herself even better.

Maindorido somehow had it easier, she had two handguns while fighting Amor, and also she used her ability several times to prevent Amor from using her ability to knock her out completely. But sometimes she messed up and would trip over her own two feet on her butt. Amor would take this opportunity to shake the ground underneath her and try to restrain her, yet the attempts were useless since Maindorido would everytime fire her guns at the girl.

Mika fought Emer, she was definitely frightened by the little girl since last time she saw her, she almost killed Sōsa. Emer would stand by Nine like she was protecting her from Mika. Mika would dodge every ray of electricity. She would still run out of energy that Emer sucked out of her, quite literally she took Mika's energy to fight her. Which would make her exhausted within minutes.

Jishaku fought Zenex. Who seemed like the innocent and weak type of person yet he was a warrior, Zenex was born with a weak-like ability and he had to do everything with it since when he was living, the outsiders blood injection wasn't the safest option. Somehow both of their abilities connected with manipulation, Zenex had manipulation of emotion and Jishaku manipulation of one's body.

Jishaku would run up to Zenex with a knife in his hand in order to cut him. Yet Zenex had great reflexes and would also dodge him and by touching his arm as it extended to stab him, Zenex would be able to take control over his emotions to completely shock him, making his entire body unable to move as his brain made him fatigued to the point he was so weak he didn't want to move. 

"Alright, that's enough." said Nine with a stern voice.

Everyone had moved away from the entrance so much that they were far away from the door.

Sōsa had small tears running through her cheeks, agitated breaths escaped her mouth as she recovered from the strain, her glasses had small cracks as they fell to the floor several times. Mandorido looked at Nine, her head pounding against the walls of her forehead "What is it that you wanted?" Nine chuckled, moving her torso to be completely straight.

"I think betrayal is the worst that could happen to someone" Like the last time they saw each other, the pink woman started talking philosophically, "And the hardest thing is searching for that starting pit of betrayal" she stared at everyone, one by one. "And why anger took over"

"What are you talking about?" Sōsa huffed and puffed through her words.

"Have you ever wondered about what happened to Itami?" she said.

Sōsa's and Jishaku's breath hitched, their hearts jumped.

"Well, I'll tell you now." Nine continued, her eyes staring down at her lap. "Sometimes anger can rise for the most unknown reasons that not even a provider can figure out, isn't that right Jishaku?" she looked up to look at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." his voice monotone.

"Oh don't you? Well I might just do it myself then." she sighed, clearly disappointed, "Itami did not commit suicide, Jishaku killed him with his ability."

"And lucky for you I can bring him back, I just need the body and blood of a relative." her voice didn't have any kindness anymore, it was cold.

Sōsa's eyes went wide with a feeling that was mixed with confusion, anger, and sadness. Suddenly, the pieces of the puzzle she had in her mind fit perfectly. Unknowingly, she let out a dry laugh, KIllian, Maindorido, Mika and Jishaku looked at her, all confused. They didn't expect her to laugh at this moment. Or maybe it was Zenex creating this feeling in her.