4

"I have something to tell you, (Y/N)," Levi says, taking my hand and leading me into our home

"I have something to tell you, (Y/N)," Levi says, taking my hand and leading me into our home. "I'm going to go on a trip to bring us food and clothes. Kenny's gone. I have to do it myself now. Stay here, I promise I'll return, okay?" His cold eyes become warm with affection and care.

"Where'd he go?" I say with worry. "And when will you come back?"

"Tch, I don't know where that old man went," he scoffs. "But, it's been 3 years now. It was bound to happen."

He relaxes again, bringing a hand up to pat my head. "I don't know when I'll be back. Just wait for me, okay?" I nod. Kuchel had passed away 3 years ago because of a disease that we didn't have the money to treat. After that, a man named Kenny taught Levi and me how to fend for ourselves. He mostly taught Levi. He hated me. Despite that, Levi looked after me and fought for me. He protected me and treated me like family. He is my family.

Levi bent down, getting on his knees. "Keep this here," he slid a small dagger into my boot. "Just in case. Always keep it there. And don't hesitate to kill someone if it depends on your life. Stay alive."

He then gets up and takes me in his arms, embracing me tightly. Despite how hopeless he seemed, I still was too naive to notice that he wasn't gonna return. I hated him for lying. He turned around and walked out of the door without another word.

I was heartbroken when he didn't return after three weeks. I waited patiently for three whole years, sheltering myself in the Underground. Waiting for Levi to return. And when he didn't, I had no choice but to make a living for myself. I picked up the last amount of hope I had left and joined the Training Corps, hoping to find a way.

"Snap out of it (Y/N)!" Eren yells at me, holding me to his chest as he hung from the side of the wall. I realize what's going on and quickly release my ODM gear so Eren doesn't have to hold me anymore. He gives me a concerning look and charges at the Colossal. The wall had been broken again. I had never seen a titan up close before.

Frozen, all I can think about is where it came from. I run up on top of the wall to see Eren striking at its nape.

It suddenly starts emitting a lot more smoke, and just like that, it's gone when the smoke clears. A bell rings as an evacuation starts. But the damage had already been done.

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire, Cadets!" We're all yelled at as we make sure we have enough gas and functioning ODM gear at HQ. "Time to put your training to work!"

Everyone was running around frantically, while I checked my gas and equipment and decided to find Armin. He's probably stressed. As I assumed, I found him by the gas tanks fumbling with his equipment, panicking and mumbling to himself.

I put my hands on his shaky ones. "Armin," I say, gaining his attention. "It'll be okay. I promise."

"Armin what's wrong?!" Eren yells at him, making him more startled. I roll my eyes at him. Armin gulps and says, "Don't worry, I-I'm fine... Just give me a second for my nerves to settle. This is bad isn't it, there's a hole in the wall about 8 meters wide and we don't have the engineering know-how to plug it. That huge boulder near the front gate was our best bet. But we couldn't figure out how to hoist it in place! Unless we seal the breach the entire city-"