46

I'm sorry if the chapter quality is declining :( i feel like it is

<3

Gabi lifts me off the ground and helps me walk to a nearby house. I lean on the smaller brunette for support as she sets me down inside. "I saw Reiner back there," she mumbles. "I'll be right back. Don't move."

I nod, but we both know I'm too weak to move anyway. My breath comes out uneven and I put my bloody hand on my chest in an attempt to calm my racing heart.

Soon, I hear footsteps approach and hope it isn't a Marleyan. The door beside me swings open but to my relief, it's just Gabi.

With Reiner.

He gives me a sad smile as Gabi moves his arm away from her shoulders and closes the door after setting him down beside me, against the wall.

"They're all going to die aren't they? My family?" Gabi asks me, her eyes getting teary again.

I feel so bad.

"That's right." Reiner answers for me.

"No! We have to kill Eren and stop this!" She throws her hands up as her eyes gloss over even more and her cheeks turn a bit red.

"You can't..." Reiner answers once again. "He can control all titans. No one can stop him now. We..." He coughs a bit, his hand flying to his chest. "We can... only run." He finishes.

"(Y/N), y-you can save us... save my family... right?" She turns to me with hope in her eyes. "You always find a way to save people... L-like Falco and Colt!"

"I don't always succeed, Gabi... Udo and... Sofia... Erwin..." I look down at the rickety wooden floors. "Porco and Bertolt. Even Levi and Hanji..."

Gabi falters, the hope from her eyes draining away. "I try, but it never really works." I whisper.

"Is that why... You're not healing...?" Gabi's voice is raspy. "Have you given up?"

"Yeah." Reiner says to Gabi. "When you don't want to live, the regeneration won't work."

"What about Falco!" Gabi yells. "What about Colt and your other friends! Don't you care about Eren?!"

"I don't, he's the reason why I've lost so many in the first place." I say truthfully.

"It was Marley's fault, actually," Reiner mumbles.

"Fuck," Gabi curses, followed by a couple more curses that shouldn't be coming out of a child's mouth. "I'm gonna go find food or something." She says grumpily as she walks out towards the door, slamming it shut behind her.

I hiss in pain, blood trickling down my back. According to Gabi, I was shot a few times along with Izumi when I passed out, and he handed me over to Gabi.