31

I hated this so much, I hated how I couldn't just become a titan and end this war

I hated this so much, I hated how I couldn't just become a titan and end this war. I hated how I kept getting shot and had to tell Ymir to stop it from healing. I hated how bad my wounds hurt. I didn't even know where Eren was. 

As I clutched my wounded shoulder and limped towards the trench, my eyes laid upon a familiar boys' body. I ran to him straight away, as if on instinct, and took him in my arms to shield him from the gunshots. 

"Falco," I grunt as two or three pierce my back. "Please, get up," I say as I brush his hair aside, his heads bleeding and he looks all bruised. 

"H-hey," Falco says, reaching his hand up and brushing it against my cheek. "It's dangerous here," he says weakly, his smaller hand shaking against my face. "You'd better... Get as far as you can. Go home..."

A grenade is thrown nearby and I press Falco against me to shield him from it. "Falco! Sasha!" Colt yells over the screams of the other soldiers. He looks down at me, gripping his hard helmet. His eyes are filled with sympathy at my bleeding body. It hurts so bad.

"Can you walk?" He asks me as he hoists Falco's body on his back. I nod weakly and get to my legs. "Alright, we're gonna make a run for it, follow my lead." 

I nod once again and follow after him, the dust around us flying and dancing as the bullets make impact with the ground. People around me get shot. Some in the head, some in the heart. I didn't need to look back to know they were using some sort of next level artilleries. 

We near the trench and Colt topples to the ground suddenly, I couldn't tell if he got shot. I feel my blood streaming down my back as I pushed him and Falco into the trench and jumped down myself, falling to my knees and breathing heavily. 

Colt gets to his feet instantly, running to Commander Magath and giving him a status report. I walk up behind him, trying to get knowledge of what's going on. "And the trenches?" Magath asks, eyeing Colt. 

"You can't possibly expect us to dig any farther!" Colt says hopelessly. 

"I can't?" Magath hisses. "Is that an order? Does an Eldian presume to give me orders?"

"Hey! Watch your tongue around Captain Magath!" The soldier behind Magath barks at Colt.

"He wasn't ordering anyone," I say, causing Magath to look at me. "At this rate, we've lost so many soldiers that we might lose this." I explain.

"You look familiar, Sasha," Magath eyes me carefully. "Do I know you? Have we met before?" He furrows his brows, causing wrinkles to appear on his forehead. 

"Not that I remember, sir," I reply. 

"Anyways," Magath grunts. "Colt, join me. Sasha, tend to your wounds." 

Colt looks back at me, looking at my bloodied uniform and my bloodstained face. I nod and turn around, walking towards Udo as Colt and Magath go into the small tent they have set up. Falco sits in front of Udo, Sofia and Gabi, he looks pretty sick.