Chapter 9 - Prisoners

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

Harry Potter: Focused – Chapter 9 – Prisoners

"What happened?" asked Marissa Granger in concern, as she looked at the bleeding red-headed girl.

"Snake-bite!" answered Ron. "Same bloody snake that bit my dad! Took Saint Mungo's days to find the right treatment."

"I'll get the potion," volunteered Neville as one of the muggle-born refugees who had been a nurse at the wizarding hospital began casting a healing spell on Ginny's bite.

"Hello," the old woman who'd accompanied them said to Hermione's father, who was also there. "I'm Bathilda Bagshot. This group of young people saved my life."

"Where's Hermione?" asked Marissa, suddenly realizing her daughter was missing.

"She and Harry were holding off the snake," answered Neville.

"Harry's not here, either!" declared Ron, before popping out of sight.

"Where'd he go?" asked Adam Granger.

"Obviously, he went back to find Harry and Hermione," answered Luna calmly.

About two minutes later, Ron returned, looking panicked. "They're not there, but a dark mark was in the sky above the house."

"Nagini didn't cast that," commented Neville.

"Then where are they?" asked a now panicking Mrs. Granger.

----------HPF----------

"Put Harry Potter in the dungeon!" commanded Bellatrix Lestrange happily in her sing-song voice. "The Dark Lord won't want him hurt before we call him." Another Death Eater obeyed without a word, floating the still unconscious Boy-Who-Was-A-Prisoner toward the dungeon of Malfoy Manor.

Guiding Hermione to the floor, the most feared witch in Britain happily said, "It's time for you to wake up, Granger. Crucio!"

"Ahhhhhh" screamed Hermione, woken from being stunned by the unforgivable curse.

"I see you're awake now, mudblood! I have a few questions for you."

"Where's Harry?" the prisoner responded, worried that her best friend was already dead. She looked around and noticed both of their wands on a nearby table.

"Little Harry is safe and sound in the dungeon, at least until I call the Dark Lord. But don't worry; you'll be dead long before that, after you've told me everything I want to know."

Putting on as brave a face as she could, she yelled, "I won't tell you anything!"

"Crucio! All you'll do with this stubbornness is increase your pain. I'll still get my answers." After she'd finished saying all that, she let up the curse and Hermione was gasping for breath while tears started to form in her eyes. "There. First of all, where did the others go to? Neville Longbottom, the Lovegood girl and the Weasleys – Potter's slut and her brother...Robert...no..."

"Ron," supplied Hermione, knowing that was common knowledge and wouldn't hurt their cause.

"Good. You're starting to cooperate, mudblood."

----------HPF----------

Many miles away, Ron was standing beside Ginny, watching as a potion was poured down her throat. The nurse began, "This will take care of..."

"Ron."

"What?" shouted Ron, looking around. He soon realized Hermione's voice was coming from his pocket.