Chapter 10 - Making Deals

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

Harry Potter: Focused – Chapter 10 – Making Deals

"I guess I'll have a scar, too," commented Ginny, indicating her left shoulder, where Nagini had bitten her. She was laying in one of the make-shift hospital beds at headquarters, wearing a hospital gown with a big bandage over her shoulder. The nurse had treated the venom and said she'd be on her feet the next day.

Harry grinned. "I guess so." He then sighed. "It's too bad we weren't able to kill that snake."

"Maybe it'll die of slow poison from biting me," she replied with a smirk. "We Weasleys can be venomous when we want to be." Harry chuckled.

He took a deep breath. "As much as I want to stay here all day, duty calls. I've got to have a few important conversations and hopefully get some answers. I'll come back when I'm done." He gave her a quick kiss before leaving the room.

----------HPF----------

"Mr. Ollivander, how are you feeling?" asked Harry as he, Ron and Hermione walked into his room.

"I'm doing a lot better than I was yesterday, thanks to you and your friends."

"We're glad to have helped," replied Hermione.

"How are you doing, Miss Granger? It pained me to hear you with Ms. Lestrange."

Sighing, Hermione answered, "I'm doing better now. She didn't have enough time to do permanent damage."

Changing to topic, Harry stated, "I was wondering if you could identify this wand." He produced the wand Dumbledore had left him.

"Let's see," the wandmaker replied, taking the wand in his hand and examining it. "Elder wood...powerful...very powerful..." He gazed in Harry Potter's eyes. "You already know what this wand is. I can't believe it. I, I thought it was an old wives' tale. I..." He closed his eyes as a look of bliss came over his face. "This is the famous Elder Wand, the wand formed by Death itself, first owned by Antioch Peverell – and its allegiance now belongs to you." He then opened his eyes and looked once more at Harry. "Wherever did you find it?"

"Albus Dumbledore left it for me when he died."

"Dumbledore?" The old man looked a bit upset. "I told him whenever something interesting, like your wand choosing you, happened. But he didn't tell me that he had in his possession the greatest wand..." He took a deep breath. "I shouldn't speak ill of the dead. I will confess that is somewhat...disappointing."

"He did keep a lot of secrets," Harry agreed.

"But he did leave Harry a note explaining a lot when he died," added Ron.

"You know," commented Ollivander, "I don't believe Albus let me see his wand since 1945, after he defeated Grindelwald. I should have realized it. That monster's mark was the sign of the Deathly Hallows."

"I'm afraid we'll have to go for now," said Harry as he held out his hand.

As the wandmaker handed back the Deathly Hallow, he said, "Thank you for allowing me to examine this wand. It is the most powerful wand on earth. Tom Riddle really doesn't stand a chance."

----------HPF----------

"Hello, Griphook. I'm glad we were able to rescue you."

"I do owe you something for that, Mr. Potter."

Latching onto that notion, the Chosen One replied, "Yes, and I know a way to repay that debt. I need information."

Looking suspiciously at the young man and his friends, the goblin inquired, "What sort of information?"