part nineteen ~ hand pictures

PART NINETEEN : HAND PICTURES

•~•~•~•

And darling I may not be everything you want
But I can give you all I have

a lovely mess : front porch step

•~•~•~•

tuesday

ariyah's house

Corpse wakes up to an empty bed. He sighs, enjoying the warm gray comforter as he listens to any sign of Ariyah deeper into the house. When he's not able to hear her after a few minutes he reaches out to the night stand and grabs his phone. It was well past noon, and he had multiple discord notifications from his friends looking for people to join their 2pm Amoung Us lobby, and he sees a response from Ariyah accepting the invite.

He goes onto twitch to see Ariyah is live. She has reddit pulled up on the screen and she goes through r/bunnyariyah as she does weekly and he joins, her voice filling the room. 

"This is very true," Ariyah laughs as she looks at the meme on screen, "In his defense he is dog sitting for me for a week while I'm in Ohio for christmas," 

Corpse laughs at the meme as well, remembering the other night when he spent over a hour researching the best brands for dogs before finally deciding to ask Ariyah what she uses. 

He decides to say something

He decides to say something. Quickly tapping on the donation button and typing in his infamous "69.69" before typing in a quick message. Soon the donation chime sounds and Ariyah's face lights up when she sees who it's from. 

"I didn't know that treats were so controversial," she reads and laughs to herself. "Shut up Corpse! come to my office!" 

Corpse watches the chat explode as they remember that they are together. He gets up from the bed. Pulling his jeans back on from the night before and walking to her office. He knocks before entering and when she says to come in he stands at the door, waiting until she gives him the clear that he won't be seen in her camera and finally he sits down in the spare chair. listening to her stream in real life and she continues to look at her memes. 

•~•~•~•

tuesday
ariyah's house

They eat dinner around 8. The stream was long over and they both sat on the couch laughing over things that happend. 

"I still can't beleive that Toast managed to marinate everyone again!" Ariyah says loudly as she laughs, Corpse laughs as well, taking a bite from his food. 

Ariyah jumps when her phone begins to ring and she looks at the contact seeing her dad is trying to FaceTime her. She groans and looks over at Corpse. 

"Answer him," Corpse chuckles and Ariyah sighs and accepts, her dad's face filling her screen. 

"Hey," She says, looking over at Corpse. 

"Hey Ari." Her dad smiles, "Just wanted to make sure that your flight is booked and everything," 

"It's booked and I'll be home around 3pm on the 21st," She says, "and I have a flight back to LA on the 28th," 

"Why aren't you staying for New Years?" there's a hint of sadness in her dad's voice and she almost feels bad. 

"I'm not taking Parker and Ebony with me and I don't want to have to leave them with my friend for that long," 

She knows that's not the full truth. She really wanted to be in LA for New Years, Gab always throws a party and she didn't want to miss it. 

"Oh yeah, that one guy, Corpse? is watching them, right?" Her dad asks and as if on cue her older brother DJ appears. He smiles teasingly from behind her dad. 

"He's my friend," She says, closely watching Corpse's face as she talks. 

"Isn't he at your house right now?" DJ says and her dad chuckles. 

"Let me meet him," Her dad says, and she looks at Corpse who looks nervous but he nods. 

"Hi," Corpse says once the camera is pointed towards him. Her dad and DJ get a good look at the man before talking. 

"So you're Corpse," DJ says first. "I thought you were faceless?" 

"Oh my god," Ariyah groans, "stop pretending to be stupid," her brother laughs. 

"I tried to google him and all that came up was his avitar and his hands for some reason?" 

"Yeah, since I don't really show my face, showing my hands kind of became my thing," Corpse laughs a little and Ariyah quickly takes her phone back. 

"I'll see you guys in a week, so I'm going to go," she says bye to her dad and brother before tossing her phone away and covering her face. 

"I'm sorry," She groans and Corpse laughs. 

"I don't know what you thought I expected, but i think it's always awkward to meet your girl-- the parents," 

Ariyah pretends that she didn't hear Corpse almost say girlfriend and just nods, but as she looks away a smile covers her face and she feels giddiness fill her chest. 

•~•~•~•

edited 11-22-21