Chapter 1: Adventure Awaits

"Hey idiot, yeah you, fuck you!!" = Conversations

'Idiot?! Me?! I hate this guy...!' = Thoughts

"Begone Thot!" = Spells, Attacks, Rage moments, demonic forms, yada yada yada. You get the point.

+---------------------------------+

Enma's POV

"Oi You damn rabbit! Where are the carrots this time?! Don't tell me you decided to use them as accessories again!" I shouted in frustration as I wandered around my Magicka Tower while looking for a certain mischievous rabbit.

A few minutes later...

"Gah! Ow! Why did you hit Pekora-peko?!" I crossed my arms as Pekora crouched down in front of me while she held her forehead in pain.

She glared at me with her mesmerizing orange colored eyes while I just smirked at her.

"How many times do I have to tell you that carrots aren't hair accessories?" She only pouted and looked away from me.

"Alright alright, don't be like that. Here, since you wanted carrot as accessories so much, I made these for you."

I held out my hand and opened it, on top my palm was two pairs of orange-colored gem hairpins, shaped exactly how a carrot would be like. They also function as magicka essence storage if ever.

"Ehh? What's this peko? Is the almighty Archmage Enma going to--- OWWW!" I bonked her forehead once again before I sighed and facepalmed at her antics.

"Just take it already Pekora."

She giggled like a child given candy before she placed the hairpins on her twintails. Not gonna lie, they look cute on her.

"Now now, let's not waste anymore time dwadling around Pekora. We have an adventure ahead of us, one that I look forward to." Pekora hummed in response.

I took that as a yes before I looked outside Magicka Tower. The endless expanse of azure and why above and the infinite green fields on the ground, all of it called out to me.

I really should thank Pekora for what she have done for me for the last 8 years. Especially those words she said last night.

It opened my eyes to countless more possibilities that I have never even thought of. The world is a vast place, and I'm sure, out there I will find the meaning of my life.

[Flashback to last night]

"Is this the farthest I can go? Can a mortal really not reach the realms of Divinity? All those years of enacting my revenge brought me here and yet, it seems so dull. What am I missing?" I uttered those words while I looked at the powerful essence fluctuate to and fro in my palms.

I closed my eyes and felt within myself. I can feel it, a barrier or rather a gate is closing off my path. Beyond that gate lies the power of Gods, Divinity.

But then I remembered something, I opened my eyes and once again stared at my palms.

'Why, am I even doing this in the first place? Revenge? That was already fulfilled a long time ago. Power? I have no use for it after I got my revenge on those nobles. So why did I keep on trying to gain more? To rule the world? Ha! I don't even know how to manage my bookshelves and stop Pekora from her pranking craze. Much less ruling the world. I have no more family left in this world, the only survivor of the cursed Fumiyoshi clan. I thought of reviving my clan but that will only bring more tragedy to my already cursed clan, I thought of removing the curse but even someone like me, the so-called "God of Magicka" (As if) are befuddled by its complexity.' These kinds of thoughts continued to linger on my mind for several hours.