Chapter 21: Artemis of the Blue

"Hey idiot, yeah you, fuck you!!" = Conversations

'Idiot?! Me?! I hate this guy...!' = Thoughts

"Begone Thot!" = Spells, Attacks, Rage moments, demonic forms, yada yada yada. You get the point.

+---------------------------------+

Artemis's POV

My name is Artemis, firstborn of King Poseidon and Queen Neptunia. I don't have a surname like my youngest sister does, Gawr Gura, but most humans from the surface like to call me Artemis of the Blue. It stuck to me since then, and I couldn't find myself getting rid of it.

Sera, my second younger sister, teased me about liking a surface dweller's name for me. Of course, I shrugged it off by saying. "Hey, at least they gave me a name. What about you?".

I chuckled to myself as I remembered Sera throwing a tantrum right after I said those words. I had to get help from Gura to make her forgive me.

"I miss you..."

I silently wiped the lone tear falling down my cheek. It was too sudden. One moment, me, Sera, Father, Mother, we were all planning about Gura's upcoming 5000th birthday. It was supposed to be a fun and joyful day. But then everything came crashing down, figuratively and literally.

The ceiling of the castle crumbled towards our heads. While we were shocked by the sudden incident. Father, however, took action the next second.

My father, Poseidon, as old as he was, was still one of the top fighters in the world. I watched him smoothly block every block and slab of rubble, and protect me, Sera, and Mom. I was in awe. My father was still so powerful even when he is an old man now. Yet, it wasn't enough. After father protected us from the onslaught of rubble, we were able to escape out of the crumbling palace and only to be greeted by a grim sight.

Atlantis was in chaos. Dozens of portals appeared out of nowhere. Their ink-black color and texture horrified me and Sera. Strange creatures appeared one after another, becoming more disgusting as they grew in number. Atlantis is surrounded, and no one expected an attack.

I can feel its pain. Atlantis is crying. Its woes of help and pleas of fear are making my heart clench in fear as well. Something is wrong. Even Atlantis can feel it. It's reaching out to somewhere far away. I looked at the direction it was reaching out and thought about one person.

'Gura...'

Then a screech made me drop to my knees and cover my ears. Sera was in no better condition than me, as she too dropped to her knees and covered her ears in pain. I looked up to mother and father and beamed in both worry and pride.

They stood tall, unlike Sera and me. They didn't flinch at the grating and screeching sound. They didn't frown. They just stared at the front with grim determination.

"ATLANTEANS! COME TO YOUR KING!" Father's voice boomed out, the sea shook, and the ground trembled. Followed by a canopy of...

"TO THE KING!"

I teared up as our people and soldiers converged in front of my Father- no, in front of our King. I also collected myself and stood tall towards my dad's right. Sera followed suit and stood beside mom's left.

"THESE INVADERS HAVE COME UNANNOUNCED AND WITH HOSTILE INTENT. THEY DARE STRIKE THIS KING AND HIS FAMILY. WHAT DO WE ATLANTEANS DO TO SUCH HEINOUS CRIMES?!"

"PUNISHED BY DEATH!"

"THEY CAME WITH THE INTENT TO HURT OUR BELOVED AND OUR HOME, WHAT DO WE DO?!"