epilouge

•••

•••

"Aven? Did you—" I was cut off by the mess of my six-year-old daughter's room. She stood in the corner, her eyes widened like she didn't know what happened either.

"Princess, what did you do?" I asked as I laughed.

"You said to pick out three outfit choices and I couldn't decide!" She explained, crossing her arms sassily.

She gets her indecisiveness on clothes from her mother but her sass from me.

I shook my head, walking over to her and lifting her in my arms. "We'll clean this up when we get back home but how about I help you pick?"

She nodded as a cheeky grin spread across her adorable face. I smiled, setting her down. I looked around her room, humming to myself softly as I picked items up that were strewn around.

"How about this and your black converse?" I asked, raising a navy blue floral dress with a baby blue cardigan.

"I love it!" She cheered, clapping her hands together. "When I grow up I want you to be my stylist, Daddy."

"Sure, princess," I chuckled. I walked out of the room allowing her to change and saw my wife walk out of the nursery with Flynn in her arms.

She had on a long spaghetti strapped black dress, hugging her body. Her hair was wavy resting on her shoulders, and she had on light makeup.

"Pretty girl! Woo!" I cheered hyping her up as she did a little spin. I walked over to her, placing a kiss on her lips.

"You look marvelous, darling," She said in a posh accent as she admired my suit.

I chuckled, shaking my head. I turned my attention to Flynn, my three-year-old son seeing him wearing a dark blue suit like mine.

"Woah, big man! Look at you!" I grinned at him, he let out a bubbly giggle.

I looked down at Y/n's stomach noticing in this dress you could see her baby bump really well. I crouched down, leveling with her tummy.

"And hello to you too," I grinned, placing a little kiss on her belly. She giggled and I stood back up.

"Daddy! Can you help me put on my converse!" I heard Aven shout from her room.

I smiled as at her shout, meeting Y/n's eyes. "She's the most high maintenance little girl," She chuckled.

"Like her mom," I winked at her, turning around to walk to her room.

"Hey! I am not high maintenance, babe," She pouted.

I smiled to myself, stepping into my truly high maintenance daughter's room. She had her arms crossed in a pout as she was upset she couldn't lace her shoes.

"It's okay, baby. You'll get it eventually, I promise," I assured her, kneeling to tie her tiny shoes.

I held her hand, walking down the stairs, seeing Y/n and Flynn at the front door.

"Ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yup," She responded, handing me the keys. We walked out of our house, locking the door behind us. I buckled Aven in her booster seat while Y/n put Flynn in his car seat.

I got into the driver's side, Y/n hopping in next to me. I laced my fingers with her's, placing our hands in her lap. I started the car pulling out of the driveway and driving to Rossi's.

On the way there, we listened to music and our kids danced around in their seats as usual. I pulled into the driveway of the mansion, putting the car in park. We took the kids out of their seats, I held Aven's hand as we walked up the steps to the big doors of the mansion.

I knocked, waiting a few moments before the door opened revealing Rossi.

"It's the Reids! Bellissima!" Rossi cheered, tossing the cloth in his hand over his shoulder.

I smiled as he welcomed us inside, Aven saw Henry, Micheal, and Jack so she let go of my hand running over to them.

"They're adorable. I bet you she's going to fall in love with one of them," Y/n chuckled.

"Absolutely not— she's not allowed to date until she's forty," I defended.

"Oh shut up," Y/n teased to which I responded with a chuckle.

We followed the familiar smell of Rossi's cooking to the kitchen where everyone was gathered around the island counter.

"Hey!" Everyone shouted, sharing hugs with us.

"My favorite Reid!" Penelope beamed at Flynn taking him from Y/n's arms. She set him down, holding his hand as he climbed onto her feet to step around with her.

"Can I have him?" She pleaded to Y/n.

"Whenever we need a sitter or want some alone time, go crazy," She grinned.

We all talked and laughed, enjoying each other's company as the kids played around us.

"Food is done!" Rossi announced.

Everyone served themselves before walking into the backyard and sitting around the table. We talked on and on, laughing and enjoying the time together.

After eating Y/n and I sat down on a couch in the backyard. She leaned against my shoulder as I wrapped my arms around her, sighing in content.

"Do you remember on our first date when we saw a shooting star?" She asked as her eyes studied the night sky.

"Of course I do," I responded, making small circles in her arms with my fingers.

"And how I said I would tell you what my wish was when it came true?"

"Mhmm," I hummed in acknowledgment.

"Well, it came true. I wished for you to be happy," She muttered, playing with my tie in her hands.

I didn't know what to say, I rendered speechless as I watched our children play tag and roll around in the grass— most definitely ruining their outfits. Our team— our family talking amongst themselves around the beautiful backyard. The love of my life in my arms under the starry night sky.

"Thank you," I whispered into her hair.

She was right, I finally was happy.

•••

a/n : thank you so much for reading!!

EDIT: hi! thanks for all the reads this book has gotten over the past year :). i don't write for spencer anymore, but if you're a harry styles fan—i am too! and i write for harry now! my book 'affinity' is up if you want to check it out! hope you have a good day, bye!!! <3