My review

CLARIFICATION: THIS REVIEW IS ON THE BOOK AND NOT THE AUTHOR! SO IF WATTPAD OR ANY MODS SEE THIS, THEN PLEASE READ THE REVIEW FIRST. DO NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSION AND ASSUME THAT I'M BASHING THE AUTHOR!

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

I first began reading After, the first installment, in February of 2013 because Wattpad recommended it to me—even though it's not the type of story I usually read. At first, I did not want to read it because it looked very cliche but after seeing the amount of views, comments, and votes, I wanted to find out what all the hype was about. I decided to give it a try and read the first book. And I really liked it after 30 chapters. The book itself got me hooked. But it took me 2 years to get up to chapter 56 of the first book and here is why.

I was 17 years old when After came out, and now 2 years later as a 19 year old, I have found out that I made the mistake of listening to Wattpad's recommendation and reading it.

At the beginning, I thought that her writing was beautiful, with all the twists that always kept me on the edge of my seat. I even recommended it to my friend, an Ivy League university student and she got very mad. She got very disgusted and called me a feeble-minded individual. After that incident and some of my friends saying similar things, I began to wonder why After was getting so much hate. I went through rants, videos, and opinions  on why they hated After and Anna and it really opened my eyes. I finally got the message when I allowed my twin sister and older brother to read it and they didn't even get past page 1—well my older brother read about 5 chapters and had to stop.

What I did not like about After is the fact that it mischaracterized One Direction and Indiana Evans then exploited that characterization which really left me feeling confused and asking why.

Advise to Anna Todd: Please re-read your chapters before posting them. And please include descriptive words so the readers are able to understand the feelings of the characters. That is one major reason why I stopped reading After. The sentences are vague and it makes it difficult to understand what exactly their feeling. And also, use the correct words in describing certain things.