Review 6

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

I've read the Wattpad version, and I don't know if I can bring myself to read this one if the plot is the same thing with better grammar. I was expecting more--I mean, they're making a movie about it and the book is being rewritten again and rereleased? It doesn't make sense to me. Here's why.

The characters are unlikeable. They're all selfish and only care about themselves. I imagine the author was trying to create a plot similar to Pride and Prejudice, but this is far from it. Instead of a witty, charming main character and a dark-turned-lighter love interest, I wonder of "Hardin" (Harry Styles to me) is suffering from severe bipolar disorder. He seems to never get over his act, and Tessa seems to be no exception to his attitude about the world. I know this is the author's first book and that she has a long way to go if she wants to make this better. 

I usually try and find meaning behind every book I read, but this one was too much. I give it 2 stars, one as an excuse because I read a first draft that was very rough, and another for a plot that has potential but needs a lot of work. I hope the agent working with the author helps her immensely.