But It Was All In My Dreams

Barry hadn't spoken to anyone on Thursday. But today was Friday and he had basketball again. Before the training started his coach walked up to him. "Where were you Thursday?"

"I'm sorry, I was busy and forgot the time"

"Tim said he saw you talking to a girl"

"That is possibly true" Barry didn't deny anything. "Dude, you're our star. You can't just skip practice to hook up with a girl. Next time you ain't here for a good reason you're off the team" the coach was nearly yelling and pointed with his finger to Barry. At this point, Barry would like to stop completely with basketball. But he knew the scholarship was more important. He tried to forget the conversation and focused on his next game, which was tomorrow. 

In Biology class he approached Caitlin. She knew he was standing in front of her, but she didn't care enough to look up. "Mr Allen, if you'd like to sit down, we are starting with checking the homework" the teacher said and in a split second Barry decided to sit down next to Caitlin. This time she did look up and she gave me a 'no way you're sitting here' look. He smiled in return and took his biology books. He glanced at Iris, who was still sitting at their place in the back of the class. She stared at him with anger in her eyes, but also jealousy. It made Barry feel a little sad. "What are you doing?" Caitlin whispered while she gave the teacher her homework. "I know I've said this before, but I am sorry. I wanted to invite you to my game tomorrow"

"We're not friends, Barry" 

"I know, I am sorry I bailed on you. I forgot. I just want to spend time with you"

"Why? So you can double the score?" Caitlin sounded indignant. At first, Barry didn't understand what she meant. "No, look, I know what everyone thinks of me, okay? But it's not true! She wanted to do.. things... and I didn't so she broke up with me. But it doesn't justify the fact that I left you here. I still have that test on Monday. I'd like you to be at the game and maybe you'll help me one more time at my house?" Barry whispered. He got an angry glare from the teacher as he was interrupted the class. "Look, if you want to give me another chance I'll meet you in front of the school at ten tomorrow" Barry said and then focused on the class. 

Caitlin walked through the hallways thinking about what Barry had said to her. Apparently, he wasn't the playboy she thought he was. He was nothing like Oliver and Barry now actually seemed to care about getting an A for his biology test. He looked like an entirely different person. Even though Caitlin didn't owe him anything, she decided to prepare the tutor session anyways. And besides, she hadn't gone out in months. Maybe it would actually be fun watching a basketball game. 

Caitlin looked at herself through the mirror. She wore an oversized sweater and jeans. Her auburn hair was naturally curled. She didn't think she looked cute, but she didn't have anything else, so she accepted it. "You sure you can handle a few hours? I could cancel" she offered, but her mother shook her head. "I'll call you if there's an emergency. I can handle this. Have fun, sweetie" her mother smiled as Caitlin grabbed her winter coat and left. She was still worried and her insecurities kicked in on her way. 

Barry was afraid she wouldn't come. Even though he still didn't understand why she made such a big deal out of this, he still wanted her to forgive him. He had already changed in his basketball clothes. The game was starting in fifteen minutes. He ran outside and was surprised to see Caitlin actually showed up. "Don't even ask me why" Caitlin rolled her eyes. Barry turned to the school and she followed him, thinking how lame that sounded. She sat down next to a woman she didn't know. She didn't know anyone here. A few awkward minutes later the teams came out of the changing rooms and the game started. Caitlin figured out she liked watching a basketball game. Barry scored three times and made his coach happy, even though he had missed training. 

"Well done" Caitlin smiled soft as she met him after the game. He had already showered and they were ready to go to Barry's house. "Thanks. I guess you're my lucky charm" Barry joked and Caitlin laughed. "You score every game" she gasped.

After an hour Caitlin said, "Why don't you make these exercises and I'll check them after you're done." Barry nodded and worked as hard as he could. It was hard, but it could have been worse. 

Half an hour later he was done and it was up to Caitlin to see if he actually improved. He gave her the papers and stared at her side profile. She noticed him staring and looked into his eyes briefly. Then she quickly turned back to the papers. Barry still stared at her for a moment. She was gorgeous. Caitlin felt embarrassed and tried to focus on the work at hand. But before she had the chance to check anything, she jumped from the couch. Her phone had started ringing and she made her way towards the door as she answered the phone. 

"I'll be there in a few minutes" she said panickly as she put on her shoes. Barry watched confused. He didn't understand anything of what was happening. Without saying a word to Barry she left. Barry fell back into the couch. Had he imagined the connection between them? Why did she leave so fast? What did the person on the other side of the phone say? Did it have something to do with him? All these questions were in his mind. He had actually liked her tutoring him. They had had fun. Or was it all in his dreams? Did she even like him at all? He felt like they were getting friends. He sighed loudly. "You okay? Where did your friend go?" his mother, who had heard him, asked. "She had an emergency at home" Barry improvised, not knowing that was exactly what happened. 

I never upload this much, but because I didn't upload much in the previous week i thought: why not?
i hope you liked the chapter :D