19) Fallen Hopes

Vibha's Point Of View

*****

I was sitting in the bed with my hand resting on my stomach and my legs stretched. I rested my head in the headboard and sighed with my eyes closed. I have no more tears to shed in my eyes. I feel so helpless. My heart ached and chest heaved with fear.

The moment Anand asked me to abort my child all I could feel was numbness. How would I kill my child? Once I tried, with a suicide attempt. But God decided to give me a second chance. Then why now? Why should I kill my baby? How would I survive in her absence?

Anand told me that Akka and Bava were struggling a lot these days to save me and baby. They were hiding it from me. I recall how Akka used to keep everything within herself without giving me a chance to notice anything which bothered her. I made her go through so much. I'm making everyone do the same. Because of me, they had to suffer. Akka, Bava, Anand, his parents and my Amma. Everyone went through so much and the reason is me.

Now everyone around me wants me to abort my child, including Anand. It breaks my heart. I know he can't survive without me. We just started our life. We have seen so many dreams together. But still...I know he will take care of our baby if something happens to me. I want to bring this baby into this world. That's it. I don't know anything else.

My sobs worsened. I felt so devastated. I clutched my stomach harder. I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. The only way left before me is to pray and I'm doing that every single second.

I got up from the bed. I was so restless. I stood near the window for some time and stared outside. Soon I felt two hand's wrapping around my waist. I was startled. Anand rested his chin near my neck.

"What happened?"he asked and I shook my head.

"I feel so suffocating sitting here alone"I said. He made me face him and cupped my cheeks. The smile he's wearing now was fake. I could easily read his eyes.

"Do you want to go outside?"he asked. I shook my head. I don't want that as well.

"No Anand. Please go. You have your exams nearing. You should concentrate on them more than me"I looked away from him.

"Screw the exam. You're important to me Vibha. I know what you're going through right now. I know that you need me the most now"he held my hand and kissed them softly. I blinked away my tears.

"Come let's have breakfast. Baby must be hungry right?"he kneeled down and kissed my belly. I closed my eyes shut and shed tears.

"I don't want"I said quickly wiping my tears off.

"See baby, make your lazy mumma understand that good girls never skip food. Atleast for you she have to take it right. She don't love you at all. She's so cruel. Always hurts me"he said gently touching my belly with his hand. I bit my lips and tears rolled down my eyes. My heart seared in pain. I just wanted to run away and cry.

He got up and faced me. I was crying vigorously now. He cupped my cheeks, worriedly.

"Vibha, I'm really sorry baby. I didn't mean to hurt you. Forgive me"his eyes welled up.

"Anand promise me that you'll take good care of our baby. Give her all the happiness in this world and tell her that I loved her the most"I clutched his shirt and wailed. He pushed me away from him and looked at me with hurt.

"Vibha I beg you. Don't ever talk to me like this. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. I can go upto any extent to save you. Please don't hurt me anymore"he said with tears. I cupped his cheeks and suddenly I felt bad for hurting him more. He was already going through so much.