Chapter Two: Shaky Hands

"Henry?" a familiar, female voice whispered to Heny from across the room. "Are you awake?"

Another familiar voice chimed in, male this time. "Is everything alright, bud?"

Henry sat up, immediately blinded from his bedroom light being switched on. He gave his eyes some time to adjust, and saw both his friends standing in the doorway, Charles in his fuzzy onesie, and Ellie in black shorts and a rock band sweatshirt.

Henry took in a shaky breath and moved his hands around, signing to them, "Everything is ok."

"You sure, Henry? Sounds like you're not doing too well," Charles said, walking towards the bed and taking off the hood of his onesie, revealing the bright red headset that he refused to take off. He sat on the bed next to Henry, with Ellie following soon after.

Henry nodded, signing again. "Just a bad dream."

Ellie groaned. "Another one? Jeez, that's the 5th time this week." She kicked off her slippers and crossed her legs on Henry's bed. "You know, we could help you if you actually told us what these dreams are about."

Henry hesitated, then firmly shook his head no. "It is my own problem," he gestured, refusing to meet with either of his friends' eyes. "It's not yours."

Charles shook the tired man's shoulder. "Come on, dude! This has been going on for months now! You've hardly gotten any sleep."

Henry shook his head and went to sign again. "I-"

He was interrupted when Charles suddenly snatched his blanket from his torso, wrapping it around his shoulders.

"Charles is right, Hen," Ellie agreed, placing a reassuring hand on Henry's back. "You really need to let us help. You tell us absolutely nothing, and you're stuck in another rut. Telling us will pull you out."

The room was quiet once again. Then Charles broke the silence. "Would you like a hug, Henry?"

The ex-thief looked down sadly, raising his hands out of his blanket, and signed his response. "Yes please."

Ellie leaned on Henry's left, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. Charles basically stood up on the bed and plopped his entire weight onto him, embracing him with all his might.

Henry groaned from under the weight, but smiled. Sure, his nightmares tortured him, and the ghosts of his bad choices still lingered in his head, but He was finally in a place where he wanted to be, with people he wanted to be with.

And he'd never give something like that away.

Instead of signing this time, his croaky voice left from his dry throat.

"T-thank you ..."