Chapter Seven: Try Again

Henry groaned, gripping at his forehead as it pulsed in pain. He could still feel the teeth piercing through his skin, even when they weren't.

He managed to shake it off, regaining his composer, and chose the next item; the stool.

He set it up just below where the vent was, and stepped one foot on it's seat, keeping his balance by placing his hands up against the wall. He took in a deep breath, then placed his other foot.

There was a snapping sound, and Henry felt the stool collapse underneath him. He yelped out in surprise before hitting the ground with a big thud, winding him. He gently sat up, noticing that the legs of the stool had completely snapped off, splinters coating the floor.

Groaning in frustration, he flopped back into a laying position, awaiting for the Fail Screen to ridicule him again.

FAIL!
Maybe you shouldn't have chosen an old chair.
Fatty.

Retry<

I'm not fat, Henry thought angrily to himself, before standing back up, and pressing retry.

The last option. The rope  He grabbed it in both if his hands, pulling at it to see if it was strong enough. Thankfully, it didn't snap. He hoisted one end of the rope to a strange handle that sat just above the vent, tugging at it again just to make sure it held. Then, in a few clumsy motions, he climbed, pulling his body into the narrow vent, shuffling forward on his elbows and knees.

The vent was incredibly tight, and way smaller than the ones back at the West Mesa and The Wall. Of course, vents on a boat weren't supposed to be 'people sized'. He continued forward, making sharp lefts and rights until he felt a grate move down beneath his elbows.

Not again.

He crashed through the grate, once again falling to the floor beneath him, but landing on his front this time. Groaning in pain, he sat up on his knees, but then noticed somebody in front of him

Two men, one in a pale pink suit and some violet feathers on his top hat, the other wearing teal and cyan with a pair of giggles on his.

"We've got a stow away!" The one in pink yelled.

Shit.

He quickly got up, slipping slightly before making a run for it. He quickly glanced back to see them chasing him, the one in teal disturbingly faster than the other one.

Henry had to make a choice, and he had to make one now.

More choices popped up, as well as a timer that seemed to quickly run out. Before he could choose an option, they had disappeared, and he ended up tripping and slamming onto his face.

The man in the teal suit leaped up, readying his elbow to bodyslam him.

FAIL!
Look out below!

Retry<

What a nuisance ...