Chapter Eighteen: Gear Up

Reginald looked to his robotic husband in shock. "Wait, you actually-?"

Right nodded. "I don't know 'ow he found the ship, or 'ow he even got on in the firs' place, but he's locked up in the brig as we speak."

The leader clapped excitedly. "That is excellent! After all the grief Henry has caused us, I'm glad we managed to put him in his place!"

The cyborg smiled. "Not quite yet, Reg... we still 'ave to interrogate 'im, remember?"

"Oh...yes... well..." Reginald cleared his throat, then took the other's arm. "Lead the way, Right Hand Man!"

The pair walked a while through the ship, stopping at a big, automatic door. The leader put a card in a slot, and the door buzzed open. They stood in shock as they looked at an empty cell.

"What the bloody 'ell!" Right was furious.

Reginald's quickly searched the cell. He was starting to panic. "W-where did he go? I thought these cells could hold anything!"

Right looked over at the control panel next to the cell. "It can 'old anything ... but Henry 'ad help..."

"From who?"

Right thought for a bit. " It can't be his friends ... He was 'ere alone .... and the only other person in 'ere was ..." Something in Right clicked. "The kid...."

"Mr. Kace? Again!?" Reg pulled out a communication device from his best pocket and talked into it. A broadcasted message played all over the ship.

"We have a Code Lilac! I repeat; a Code Lilac! Fetch your weapons and find Henry Stickmin and Tobias Kace as soon as possible!"

The robotic man scolded. "Gear up, Sweet'eart... it's gonna be a bloodbath..." He raised his metal arm, his laser charging up.

************

Both Henry and Tobias heard the broadcast

"We gotta get out of here! Soon!" Tobias threw his hat to the ground and let his bangs settle over his face again. "Got any ideas?"

Henry tried to focus, despite his panic....

He didn't even see what the options were, he just clicked on the first thing he saw. A briefcase poofed into existence on the floor.

"Where did you-"

"Don't question it." Henry quickly opened the case. It was filled with different weapons. Pistols, AK-47s, shot guns, sniper rifles, you name it. If it fit in the case, it was there. He picked up a pistol and tossed it to Tobias.

"I-I've never shot a fire arm before!" He seemed genuinely anxious.

"Just load it...." Henry grabbed some bullets and loaded his AK. He gave some ammo to Tobias, who did the same.

The man readied himself. He then turned to Tobias and signed to him.

"Shoot anything with a hat. Take some ammo with you. You might need to reload."

Tobias nodded. "I'll try..."

With a deep breath, Henry unlocked the door.

****

"Holy. Shit." Ellie stared through her binoculars.

"Language," Charles warned.

The redhead handed the binoculars to the pilot. "Look at that!"

He grabbed the binoculars and looked through. He couldn't see anything different.

"What... am I looking at...?"

Ellie pointed through the window. "There's a ship, Charles! That's got to be the Toppat Clan!"

Charles looked again. She was right, there was a ship .... it was painted blue, so it was difficult to spot it on the horizon. On the side of the ship, was a black top hat logo.

He lowered the binoculars and pressed a button on the dash. The helicopter zoomed.

"Don't worry, Henry! We're coming!"