seven

a/n: fyi, this book is going to end soon :) i wanted to inform u guys that this chap is going to be long but then i realise my other chapters have always been long haha! enjoy the long awaited date between jaegi!

...

As if the weather was on her side, it was glistening with the right touch of warmth. The clouds were as puffs of radiant joy, swirling with the baby blue sky. Fresh air of the town, away from the hustling and bustling city lingered under her nose. It was a fine day or rather a perfect day that called for smooth transitions and an extended journey in a foreign country. Itching beside the water fountain which became an important mark for the her friends and the members to gather after dispersing, a petite woman dressed in knitted white overalls was desperately finding ways to swallow her fear of messing things and herself up.

"What should I say when he comes?"Seulgi fiddled with the oversized sleeves draping over her slim hands.

It was undeniably quick; the day had come. She had invited Jaebum to go out, the girls and members called it a date but for the main character, it was the time she could observe how she set Jaebum apart from other colleagues and men. The holiday was meant to give her brain some peace yet, a problem came. It wasn't exactly a problem but a situation that requires Seulgi to connect the dots. They had just overcame the awkwardness a few days ago but on the same day, a rash move left her flustered and Jaebum would perhaps regretted crossing the line.

She cleared her throat and fixed her gaze on the cobbled flooring, pumping her arms. "Hi Jaebum! Have you eaten breakfast?"she paused and shook her head. "No no no. I sound awkward. Ugh, what if I look stupid?"

"Who are you talking to?"

A familiar voice caught her off-guard. Her head whipped up to where it came from, heart skipping a beat by the unexpected intrusion. He crept up so silently and probably witnessed her acting up. Flabbergasted and embarrassed, Seulgi started stammering with a tint of pink seared on her cheeks. "N-no one,"she waved her hands in denial.

Jaebum simpered with a little rise on the corner of his moisturized lips that he applied lip balm on, not to try kiss Seulgi again but because it was chapped. He scanned her from head to toe, noticing the colours she wore and the hairpin that pinned up her bangs. He dressed in a simple black, complementing her outfit. Any passer by would have thought they were a couple because of the compatible fashion. Maybe it was just his point of view but he thought that she looked younger, perhaps the hairpin gave a youth touch to a grown matured woman.

He watched as Seulgi tucked her hair behind one ear. What happened the other day replayed so clearly; almost kissing her. Figuring that she might be feeling uncomfortable because of that one move, his heart throbbed for being reckless. "The other day,"he bit his lower lip before speaking up cautiously.

She fluttered her eyelashes at him, instinctively knowing he was referring to it without verbally saying it out. "Can we pretend that it didn't happen?" Her lips parted. Honestly, she didn't want to forget. At that moment, she wanted to ask why but perhaps it would be better if she talked about it at the end of the day since Jaebum had just arrived and they barely started on anything. She gave a plain response by humming and changed the topic quickly, not wanting to him to feel embarrassed. She could sense his guilt in the glint of his eyes.

"Come on! Let's go see the exhibition,"she smacked his arm softly and walked ahead. All she wanted was to be comfortable around him and so could Jaebum.