five

a/n: yalls, im so grateful. this book has reached to 600 views. tysm for reading :) my stories are becoming longer by the day, idk if its a good thing or nah.

...

The magnitude of despair was enormous. All monochrome clothes, white waxy faces, each one with puffy red eyes. The mourners knelt on their knees, folded their body in half and pinned their heads on the mat. A simple picture of a woman framed with flower wreaths could bring such simplistic reflection. It sneaked up on beloved ones quietly. Every memory played in their head like a song, repeating itself for what seemed forever. Someone oh so precious vanished into thin air, knocking onto their hearts with deep regrets.

Her eyes were of no soul; cold, weak, and fragile. Seulgi looked over at her mother's closest friend, screaming wih tears streaming down her face and body collapsing on the floor, legs already turned weak. Her companions bent down and enveloped her in a tight embrace, causing a chain reaction in her group of friends. Soon, everyone whom was closely acquainted with Mrs Kang sobbed uncontrollably.

Seulgi understood their pain, the exact same feeling. She spent the road to written farewell as much as she could with her mother before she wouldn't be able to see her again. Fortunately during this hard time, she had someone to lean onto whenever Seulgi started to flail, let her life crumble down or reminded herself that her dearest mother would leave. This time, Seulgi didn't push her friends away and mustered up her courage to believe that she should let her mother live her last moments happily, without regrets.

Although salty tears escaped, it wasn't fully drained out. Grief, dejection, and desolation still lingered, yet to break free. "Unnie, you haven't eaten. Do you want to eat with us?"Sooyoung caressed Seulgi's cold hand and jutted her thumb out to where the other girls were, Joohyun and Yerim. Seungwan and Dokyeom visited for a short while in the morning before leaving for work since they were put in charge to replace Seulgi at the moment.

"You girls go ahead,"Seulgi patted her hand.

Sooyoung had her bottom lip jutted out upon Seulgi's frail strength and energy. She hasn't eaten properly since the day she prepared her mother's funeral but Sooyoung couldn't argue either. Seulgi had yet to regain her ownself back in this sorrowful day, she definitely had no appetite. The younger one mumbled a soft 'okay' and left her in the room. Once she left came forward her father. His face was dry and it strucked Seulgi if he was ever sad about his wife's passing. It felt like he was masking everything.

"Dear, a friend of yours came. He-"

"Appa,"Seulgi interrupted him and delved into his eyes. She knew very well that her father was the kind of person whose ego cannot be understood, a trait that every man have in themselves. Perhaps Seulgi was being sensitive, hence she felt insulted by his nonchalant reaction.

"If you're sad, just cry."Mr Kang parted his lips slightly, eyes flickering by his daughter's out of the blue command. "W-why are you being angry?"he stammered.

"I know you love Eomma with all your heart but everytime I see you, you have been greeting everyone with that fake smile."

Throughout the last moments, he had neither mentioned nor expressed his heartache. He grew silent as time flew by, an unusual change that Seulgi had noticed of her flamboyant father. She just wanted him to realise he had a shoulder to cry on, a hand that he could hold onto whenever he needed it, and foremost, relieving the torment deep inside his heart. Seulgi had never once see him shed a tear throughout all the years she's living.