Prologue:

Long ago, on the shores of Mazatlan, Mexico lay a big castle made of white sandstone and crafted with rainbow stain glass windows. The castle stood tall against the crashing ocean and its hidden lava coves. 

In these coves around the castle and its village are complete mines of obsidian rock. Not only was Obsidian believed by the villagers to be a shield from negativity, but it was incredibly valuable to trade to the kingdom's neighbors. The White Castle Kingdom used their obsidian for weaponry. The finest swords and daggers of the land. 

Their trade partners and neighboring kingdom of the town Oceania, used the obtained obsidian for healing properties; drawing out stress and tension. 

Under King Herrera's rule, the White Castle Kingdom and the Kingdom of Oceania were sisters in royalty and trusted allies to each other. On his death bed King Herrera appointed his oldest of three sons to the throne, Daniel. Daniel Herrera ruled with the gentle hand his father had, and continued the peace around the villages. The people were prosperous and joyful, and grateful to King Daniel's peaceful reign. Daniel found love and soon made himself a queen, Carmen. 

Carmen and Daniel were the envy of all couples. Madly and deeply in love with each other, and just as compatible as rulers as they were lovers. Together they had a son, David. Heir to the White Castle throne. 

Unfortunately, their love wasn't strong enough to beat the sickness festering in the Queen's body. She fell very ill, and it wasn't long after that she had passed away. 

Grief stricken, King Daniel reverted into a shell of himself. Without the love of his partner to guide him, his counselling fell short to the kingdom and his people. His fathering fell flat with his son. Recognizing he was in no position to be holding such a large grief, and holding the weight of the crown, he decided he had to get rid of one. 

With the influence of his brother Antonio, King Daniel stepped down from the crown; handing the responsibility to his brother. 

Prince David was supposed to be next in line for the throne, but he was well aware that due to his uncle's rearrangements to the traditions, that promise was non-existent. 

David's uncle was very immediate in taking the burden of the crown from his older brother. Insisting that Daniel couldn't bear the weight of it with a heart as sweet as his.

Which in some ways, David agreed. His father was well known for his sweet and loving nature. He didn't look it from the outside, but that was only because the pressures of the palace and the loss of the late queen had visibly aged him. 

Daniel Herrera loved his brothers, both Antonio and Pedro. His baby brother Pedro was very athletic and bold. Daniel would often describe him to others as Lion-heart. With personality traits such as these, being stuck in a kingdom wasn't enough for Pedro. After Antonio had assumed the throne, the youngest brother set out to military academy in Oceania. 

It was only with his brother's help that Daniel was able to get over Pedro's sudden disappearance and lack of contact. Antonio was incredibly intelligent and cunning. There was no situation he couldn't think his way out of; something that Daniel admired about him. That's what made the decision to switch the lineage around so easy. Daniel trusted and loved his brother, and assumed the throne would be in good hands. 

He still saw it this way, after years of Antonio's reign, despite what Prince David and everyone else in the palace could see. Since Antonio's assumption to the throne, the poverty in the villages was blatantly rising. The turmoil that the people were in was due to King Antonio charging the obsidian so high, but only giving back to the people less than what is paid. 

Prince David wouldn't say that his uncle ruled with an iron fist. More so he rules with a honey-soaked grip. He lured people into the belief that his intentions were for someone other than himself. When really, that's all his intentions were. Himself. 

Instead of helping the people, or giving up the throne, King Antonio rules over Mazatlan. Most likely until the day he dies. And he would make sure that that was a long time from now.