Esta Mierda

"Can you believe him? He openly threatened me in front of my dad!" David fumbled with his button on his collar. It was too tight on his neck; unbuttoning it was an attempt to lessen the stress of what he was experiencing. 

Diego, David's best friend and palace attendant helped him dress for the ball as he listened to him rant. Diego and David had been friends since they could walk. Running around the palace corridors and hiding in Diego's father's workshop, was a fun pasttime. He redid the button of David's collar. 

"Tell me-what would you have done, if that was you." David looked at him exasperated. Diego scoffed meekly, "Less than what you did, that's for sure."

"You mean I should just roll over?" David clarified; frowning as he unbuttoned his collar again. Diego re buttoned it, "No. Not exactly...."

David glared at him. 

Diego relented, "Maybe a little bit." he shrugged, as he smoothed out the shoulders of David's dress jacket from any dust or other on it. He looked over the midnight blue suit put together by his father, the royal tailor. He did a good job, it was a very humble yet regal looking garment. It suited Prince Diego. A deep blue with plant-like designs of bronze around his shoulders, chest, and cuffs. 

David once more gruffed as he unbuttoned the collar, "My father didn't even lift a finger." he looked down frustratedly. 

"When does he ever?" Diego looked at his friend before buttoning his collar up again for the last time, "I think it's just high time you expect that from your father. He is never going to take back the throne. And you will never be more than a meddlesome prince. "

"Thanks for the pep talk." David rolled his eyes.

"It's something you need to hear, amigo." Diego said lightly as he himself sighed. He finally looked away from the suit to look up at David, "You also need to realize that your father - can't - do anything. And by stomping your feet, you're just proving to everyone that you're a little Prince throwing a tantrum." 

"But I'm not." David said, "This is a real issue, and it doesn't end with just me--" he said; going to get on his soapbox before Diego interrupted him, "-Then prove it."

David gruffed, "Es una mierda." he went to unbutton his collar again but Diego slapped his hand away. 

"Fix your act first, David. Then rule the world." he teased. 

David sent his friend a playful glare before following him downstairs. It was around time that people would start arriving for the ball. And if anyone should be punctual, it should be him.