Confrontation By The Sea

David tossed the rocks over the cliff and watched them fall into the ocean below. He heard footsteps coming up from behind him. He knew who it was. And he knew who it wasn't. It couldn't be his father. He wouldn't move a muscle to stand. 

There's only one person who always dared to challenge him every time, and that was his uncle. 

He turned around slowly to him and fiddled with the last stone in his hand. "I'm not taking back what I said." he said; his confidence continuing to grow. "So no public apology, nothing. I meant what I said back there."

Antonio gave a sly smile, "Good to know." 

David watched him; unblinking, "Why'd you come out here." he said. 

Antonio raised his brows, "Well." he said casually spoke, "Just trying to figure out how to handle this awkward situation you put us in." 

David's brow arched in confusion.

"I could.. sit here, and argue with you on what to do next. How we go forward..." he listed off as he paced slowly, "Or..." he trailed off. 

"Or..?" David asked. 

Antonio looked down at his nephew, "You could beg for forgiveness.."

David frowned. "From you? I don't think so." he stepped forward looking him directly in the eyes. He wanted to make his uncle uncomfortable. Make him realize that him stepping down wasn't an option. "I'd rather die, than ask anything from you."

Antonio's eyes darkened as he smiled. In a swift motion his arm came forward holding an obsidian dagger. David moved out of the way, but not quick enough. He was stuck with the knife stabbing through his side, just barely missing any vital organs. 

Still in the shock of it all, he felt his uncle twisting the dagger; the heat of the pain increasing. With the adrenaline running, David pushed him back.

Antonio stumbled backwards, trying to balance himself and letting go of the dagger in the process. David stumbled away from him; keeping the dagger in him. Antonio growled but smirked knowing that his nephew couldn't get any farther with his wound, and not a quick pace at that. 

He moved to chase him down. 

"THE KING IS DEAD!" he heard a scream from inside. 

Antonio stopped and looked back at the entrance from the garden. He then looked back at David, who was still managing to get away. He growled at a battle with himself on which to handle first. The ruckus from inside was growing, of people panicking and crying. 

Antonio made his decision and went back inside to the ballroom. He saw many people running around in a panic, others leaving, some crying. "Antonio!"

Daniel looked over at his brother; calling to him. "Antonio! Hurry! We need a medic!" With that Antonio rushed to Daniels side. His brother was on his knees; cradling his best friend, King Edwardo, on the floor. 

Daniel panicked, "Antonio you must help him!" he begged, as if his brother had some magic healing properties. Antonio looked over the pale corpse of Edwardo. "What happened?" he asked. Daniel looked down at his friends face, "He started choking-and his mouth was foaming-" he stuttered, "I think he was poisoned." 

Antonio put a hand on his brother's shoulder to comfort him. He looked around, "The princess, is she here?"

"No, I ordered the captain to take her back home." he said. Antonio frowned slightly. He took a deep breath and nodded slowly. "We'll figure this out, hermano, don't worry."