F O R T Y F I V E

Song- Do Re Mi by Seventeen's Maknae Line
————— - - - —————
“I Can Love You”

Dahyun's POV

I am trying to avoid him here, I don't want to remember what happened last time. In short, I don't want to assume such things again. I know I am stupid, holding on to some words he can't even do, himself. A part of me believes that he could be saying the truth, so as his gestures. However, a part of me is trying to avoid any pain. For three years, all I did was to assume things and get hurt.

He acts like he cares, but then later on, I'll found an article saying he is dating an actress or a model. Just wow, right?

This is frustrating and confusing. He is always giving me false hopes. He kissed me like I am his lover, but all of it was just his game that I don't even get. It seemed nonsense.

"Just where are you taking me?" I asked, calmly. He stopped, still holding my wrist. I look at him, he looks frustrated.

I push myself out in daze when our eyes met. For the second thought, I cannot be weak just by his stares. I am trying to avoid him, remember? And I should just run away, but I just can't.

"I want to talk to you." He said, after he deeply sigh.

My brows furrowed. What's there to talk to? Is it about what happened the other week? When he said he loves me?

That was for sure just some sort of joke-timing. He can love me more than a friend and a sister? That's unbelievable. Then after that, I would only see him making out with another woman? Is he out of his mind? How can I even believe him if I know he won't commit any serious relationship. He told me that same, exact words before.

I don't want to sound mad, so I took a very deep breath to make myself calm. I look at him, before I brush his hands away from my wrist. Plastering a smile, like I was just fine. Like I am not confused and frustrated at the same time.

"Say it now," I muttered while roaming my eyes around. Hence, I just realize we're far from the place were we left Tzuyu and the others. The people were probably enjoying their lives, not giving a glance on their surroundings. Just family and self- time.

Now, that got me miss the family I once have.

I did not throw any glances at him after that, he also kept silent. Didn't he know how hard it is to assume and hold on to things with uncertainty? Didn't he know he can also hurt me just be saying 'I love you'?

'I love you' might be a perfect word for you, but for me it's not. Hansol kept on saying that word, but his action then change so fast. He'll say that words, but will kiss another woman on the other day. Is that even appropriate?

"Why can't you believe me?"

He asked. It's the same question as before. I sighed. Before, I thought we can be the closest friends. Until, one day his mom made me live with him, the same day he also left their house. I thought it was my fault, because I thought he got jealous that I might steal his mother's love. I was so guilty as years passed by. Then I heard that he already became a successful man. He reached his dreams, to become powerful. I was so proud of him as a friend.