the aftermath

~~~~~~
'WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP HERE!?' Nanny Plum was so enraged that the two kids had caught her and the Wise Old Elf together.
'i...er...we...' Holly couldn't find the words to express how scared, confused, and shocked she was.

'DON'T EVER COME UP HERE AGAIN DO YOU HEAR ME?'

'yes Nanny Plum,' the pair replied sheepishly.
they began to walk down the stairs, towards where they had parked Gaston.

they didn't talk to each other. they didn't even go back for the Nerf N-Strike Elite Rhino-Fire Blaster, which they had left just outside the room.

faintly , they could hear Nanny Plum and the Wise Old Elf talking and pacing around the room, clearly anxious.

'what if King Thistle finds out?! i'm done for!'
she exclaimed in horror, 'no i'm panicking, cos' i'm gonna lose me job!'

Holly couldn't help but think she had heard that before...

once they reached Gaston, they hopped on him and began to fly towards the castle, again in silence.

you could cut the tension with a knife. for gods sake even Gaston didn't say anything. even the ladybug-dog hybrid thing could sense the tension.

Ben took him to the stables and scooped his shit out from the stables and put a fresh bed of straw down. Gaston nestled down and began to drift off to sleep peacefully.

'so, what do we do now?' Holly asked Ben as he closed the stable door.
she contemplated for a moment before replying, 'i guess we should tell dad, or don't we? i wouldn't want to lose Nanny Plum over something that isn't her fault.'
'yeah,' Ben also had no idea of what to do, 'lets head into the castle.'

then, they began to walk through the drawbridge over the moat. what were they going to do now...