34

Jimin felt crushed.

He had received a call from Namjoon telling him about what had happened. Jimin immediately offered to visit him at the hospital, but Namjoon told him that the social workers were moving him to a children's hospital in Seoul instead.

"But why?" Jimin had cried. "Is it that bad? Are you hurt bad? Why do you need to go to a big hospital in Seoul?" He had always associated big accidents to big hospitals, as TV shows always portrayed to him.

Namjoon reassured him that he was fine. Of course, he left out the part about taking a few pills too many. Jimin didn't need additional worry like that, Namjoon decided. "The social services in Seoul are looking for me. So they need to transfer me to the city." He said.

"But why?" Jimin insisted.

"I'm sorry, Jiminie. I'm afraid that I don't know why either." Namjoon had said apologetically. He explained to Jimin that the social workers had spoken to his parents about it. But once again, he left out the part about how shocked and heartbroken he was to observe that his parents had barely half-reacted to his hospitalisation for OD, and for the fact that he was being transferred to a city that was foreign to him, yet neither his mom nor dad asked why or you can't take my son, he's mine. Although Namjoon knew full well and had complete confidence that Jimin would definitely question the arrangement and beg him to stay in Busan, but he couldn't bring himself forth to break down in front of Jimin because he was dreadfully shocked that his own parents did not ask him to stay.

Namjoon promised to call Jimin once he arrived in Seoul, and there was that.

So Jimin returned home. He didn't like staying in the dorms alone. He'd only sleep over if Namjoon was there.

The huge house felt empty too, although his family was home today. Mrs Park was a stay at home wife while Mr Park was the sole breadwinner. Yet, they led a luxurious lifestyle in Busan. They had a comfortable house with hired help. Along with Jimin's net worth as a child celebrity, the family had more than enough to get by.

But Jimin couldn't help feeling out of place. The huge house was beautiful and comfortable, but it was also cold. Every night when he lay in bed, the emptiness of his room because of the leftover space seemed to hollow out his heart.

The house felt exceptionally empty today knowing Namjoon wasn't in Busan anymore. Jimin's finger lingered over the 'dial' button. He contemplated over calling Namjoon for company, but in the end, he turned off his phone. Namjoon was sick, he should have his rest. 

From his bedroom, Jimin could hear his parents' phones ringing incessantly. He wondered what the occasion was, for his parents' phones to be so busy. But he did not think much of it. Mr Park was a busy man. Perhaps Mrs Park was just helping him to answer a couple of calls.

"Jimin?" 

Jimin poked his head out of his bedroom to see his mother calling for him from the bottom of the stairs. "Your dad and I will be going out for a little bit. Sleep soon, alright?" She said gently. "You have a full day of dance practice tomorrow, plus a modelling scheduled after dinner, right?"

Jimin nodded. "Okay. Remember your scarf, Mom. It's cold."

Mrs Park smiled. "You're so sweet, Jiminie, you know that? Such a sweet little boy."

When the couple has left, Jimin walked around the house, trying to find something to do to entertain himself. Indeed, his schedule was full for the next day, but he didn't want to go to sleep so soon, not when he was feeling so lonely and empty on the inside.

The house maid turned off the lights in the kitchen and bowed to Jimin, telling him that she would be proceeding to clock off work. Jimin shifted his weight from one feet to another uncomfortably when the other hired helpers came to him, one by one, bowing to him and asking to clock off.