5

apologies for the super late update. But here it is :) hope you enjoy it
---

Jin arrived in the classroom first today. It has been a week. He was no longer so lost at school. Daehan had shown him around the different buildings in the enormous compound. Jin knew the way around quite well by now.

The only thing that dumbfounded him was that, over the past week, he hasn't seen the infamous Min Yoongi. That twenty-first seat in his classroom was left empty for the rest of the previous week.

"Aren't school lessons sort of mandatory here too?" Jin finally asked when the first bell went off, yet Yoongi's seat was still empty.

Daehan followed Jin's gaze and noticed the empty desk. "Well, all school lessons are mandatory, not just in NCS, you know." He said factually. "But just so you know, Yoongi thinks that the rules bend for him. He comes whenever he feels like it, and leaves when he pleases. It's like he's some sort of a part-time student. But what can we do? Nothing. He beat a student leader once for questioning him on his tardiness. So, with our survival at stake, just don't question him, Jin. Don't even go close to him. And don't speak to him."

Jin blinked, but heeded Daehan's advice.

*******

He was alone in the classroom today. Jin was the first to arrive in school. Father had an emergency meeting at his office, so he had to drop Jin off early.

Jin leaned his head on his table, closing his eyes and hoping to drift off to sleep. He wanted a nap. But he heard the classroom door creak open, and then there was footsteps that followed.

Right away, he jumped up and sat up straight, alert and wake, his heart was palpitating. But when he saw who it was, his breathing eased. It was Yoongi.

"Woah. Why are you shocked?" Yoongi asked, genuinely concerned. "I was just entering the classroom through the door like any ordinary human would do."

"Oh." Jin quickly composed himself. "Nothing."

Don't speak to him. Jin remembered Daehan's warning. But he glanced over his shoulder at his classmate.

Honestly, a friendly conversation wouldn't really hurt, right?

Yoongi shrugged and went to his seat. But he paused before sitting down. Jin noticed that he was bothered by the dust that had collected on his desk and chair. Plus, it was cluttered with old post-it notes that the other boys didn't bother throwing away. They had treated Yoongi's desk like a garbage dump.

"Do you need help cleaning that up?" Jin asked after a long silence, standing up and walking closer to Yoongi. "It was our fault for sticking all these stuff to your desk. I'll help you clean it up."

But Yoongi looked back and Jin and casually said, "Why are you helping to clean it up, when you didn't do it?"

Jin blinked in surprise.

"How are you so sure of that?" Jin said.

"Why are you trying to act so defensive?" Yoongi asked, raising an eyebrow. "Isn't it a compliment that I said that you aren't a culprit of this mess?"

Oh. Jin felt his face flush.

He scanned Yoongi's desk and chair. "But either way, I'll still help you to clean it up."

Jin went back to his seat and pulled out a pack of wet tissues. He began to peel off layer after layer of stickers and post-its.

Right at the start, Yoongi only looked and Jin work. He didn't move. It made Jin feel uncomfortable, because he was afraid that he was doing something to offend or insult Yoongi. He had heard enough warnings and stories to actually be wary of this classmate.