rainy day

short fic.

a/n: i wrote this back in september 2020, so sorry if there's poor structure, it's proofread and pretty short. i lost my motivation on a lot of things, i'm sorry that it's one day late for uploading. i'm okay. i can probably work out another fanfiction for next week. ly all.

also my discord pfp is just a joke i don't do gacha please don't hate hahahahv..

it's 10 pm on a sunday today. everything was so calm. the soft ambiance of the current rain, the soothing night sky. it felt perfect on some days, dream thought. the smoke huffed in their faces and the cocoa slowly swirled around the sides of the cup. they had gotten some hot chocolate a few minutes ago by the downtown cafe, and were now heading back home. george was wearing a nice cozy sweatshirt, humming a short but sweet melody. an umbrella towered over him, deflecting any droplets from hitting him as his boots splashed on the puddles on the sidewalk. you could see his reflection on those very puddles, and he smiled to himself as he looked down. he was enjoying this moment.

 but dream? not so much. he barely had long sleeves on, and was shivering with an uneasy look on his face. frozen breeze brushed against his skin as he whimpered. he slapped himself inside his head, 'why didn't i listen to him and bring a jacket?'  as if things couldn't get worse, he brought nothing to protect him from the rain, so dream soaked while the man next to him wasn't getting a single drop on him. luckily, george noticed this. his humming stopped and the smile wiped off his face. rosy red slightly dusted along his cheeks and nose, and his eyes darted in a few places before saying something. "d-dream, i don't need t-this umbrella. you can have it, i have a h-hoodie anyway.." he tips the umbrella over dream's head, and quickly pulls his hood up. dream takes the umbrella from his grasp. their hands brush against each other for a second. he's now safe from the rain, but what about george? now, he was the one getting hit by all the droplets now. he only had a faint smile, and his melody was quieter.

that's when his personality of being "strong and brave" suddenly disappeared. i always wanted george to be happy. him being hurt or having a bad day in front of me just turned me so soft. he were my happy pills, my only sunshine. his scent reminds me of a strawberry field at 2 pm, where i'm laying there with butterflies surrounding me. i just feel bliss being next to him. he was so shy around me, and i thought that was cute.. well, it's obvious that he likes me and i like him. we never made moves at each other, i thought. and that's when i realized that this could be the perfect moment to do it. i slightly moved towards him, and his shoulder touched mine. he looks towards me, and he's red all over. i am too. we're both under the umbrella. the rain spares us and drips down it, and now we're just in that moment. then.. i felt something touching my hand.

it's not the umbrella, it's his hand. george's hand. he's warm and i can't help but hold it. we're still walking, but dream's shoulder gets a bit heavier. i look towards him. he's resting against me, eyes half-closed but his nose buried on my shirt. his smile is contagious, and i can't help but chuckle and smile as well. the rest of the walk it was just cuddling against each other, a giggle coming out from our mouths every once in a while. there was rain outside. but inside this little umbrella, it felt like sunshine.

word count: ~600

upvote shoutouts: same people from last fanfiction shoutouts, go check them out

please try to upvote my stories. i am trying to get to 1000 views and it would be a super awesome milestone for me! we get around 100 views every 2 weeks, and i'm still grateful for that. you will be put down here if you upvote!

not to mention, i've started an archive of our own account. it'll have exclusive content (this entire story, angst, and possibly crack fictions!) good luck finding that though i guess /shrug