forgetful - p2

*not proofread

upvoter shoutouts:
thanks xsamandcolbytrpaboys for upvoting + acknowledging my works!
thanks shrektastichaha for upvoting!
thanks ryzanotfound for acknowledging my works! (saving to a reading list)

and thanks to anyone else who sticks with me reading my fanfictions! we're on the verge of hitting of 2k reads and i didn't expect myself to go over 100, so thank you so much <3 o/

word count: 1400
george's pov

my feet tapped and i crossed my arms as i saw everyones eyes following the camp director. he has black hair, looks oily, and a stubble beard. the green environment complimented his tan skin, it was like he belonged there. i'd guess he was around 25.

i forgot dream went out our tent first, and that i subconsciously followed him. i didn't notice him turn around and smile, staring at me as i was spaced out.

"clingy, much?" a sudden voice jolted me up and i made a little squeak. "you can be cute later when the camp helper is done talking." he pointed to the other man i was just staring at. me, being stupid, tried leaning back. turns out we were sitting on a log and i fell onto the grass. that earned me a pretty loud wheeze.

"i'll start when you're ready," the director announced, staring at the mess of ourselves. quieting down, he started.

"now, i don't mean to make a fool of myself, so i'll use this teenager slang you guys use all the time. what is that again?"

a guy in a beanie raised his hand, "it means you're an idiot!" i knew his name — alex or something? his friends around him chuckled, with karl having his hands over his stomach and nick whispering 'good one' into his ear. darryl sat across from them and he looked upset from the joke, despite not having it directed towards him.

"and i'll continue when you stop making fun of me." silence followed but i still saw them rolling their eyes.

"anyway, staying at this camp won't exactly be a breeze! i've set up lots of challenges and tasks for you to do to keep yourselves busy, instead of you cooking s'mores all day."

a few groaned in annoyance, and i bet they didn't have to put up with this guy's personality.

"i won't spoil all of them, but i should tell you the first one. you'll be attempting archery, and the team who gets five bullseyes first wins a badge for their team! any questions?"

minx raised her hand. "how many chances are we gonna get? for like, the shots."

she wasn't a very sporty girl from what i could tell.

"for as long as both teams don't score to five, the game goes on! if we don't finish by 5 pm, we pick the team that made their last shot before the other team."

one person scratched their head and a few others started zoning out, mindlessly staring into the ground. it was awkward for a few seconds, i wasn't friends with half the people on this trip.

"oh, and, the teams will be divided by your class id's. so, what are you waiting for? the challenge starts now, so head to the park!"

my fingers fumbled on the bows' string, confused on where to even start. my arrow sat on the ground next to me, i almost stepped on it five times, yelping every time. i wouldn't know where to start if i needed to pay for school equipment

meanwhile, dream was on the other team, shooting the arrows without a problem and always hitting near the center every time. one shot in particular got him a few claps.