💕 allergic to love

(prompt guide) person a: dream. person b: george

povs are back! - word count: ~1200
upvoter shoutout = shrektastichaha (i honestly feel like discontinuing this as it isnt working f) upvote to be on here! <3

dream's pov - 11:00 am

the cashier nodded, turning around as he grabbed a small bag from the wooden shelf. he laced it with a silky ribbon, filling it up with a few chocolates. bright blue cornflowers laid on the back deck covered in ruffling plastic. a smirk grew on his face. "so, who's the lucky person? your partner?"

my face heat up, but i raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "why do you want to know?" i've always had an overprotective nature, so a stranger asking me this question felt awkward. my tone comes off slightly aggressive.

"oh. just wanted to see." he finishes decorating the garments, pushing it over to the front desk. "i mean, it's valentines day. the shop is pretty busy now with all the couples." his hair, curled and puffy, bounces on his head like light feathers. he looks excited today. "luckily, there are few people here. surprising because it's a sunday."

i viewed the shop items around me. in fact, there weren't many people there. only a few elders sitting there and some children running around. it was peaceful and calming. no mumbling or loud chatting, just the soft atmosphere and the dimly lit flowers perched on the window.

"well, he's a very smart man," i said. "and i'm lucky he's mine." a quick shuffle in my pockets and i pull out my wallet. the man on the other side checks his cashier.

"a devoted one, aren't you?" he gives a friendly wink. "$22.95."

i chuckle, pulling out 25 dollars and handing it to him. "thank you so much. he'll adore me."

"anything for a young man." he fixed his mask, pulling it up more. "come again, maybe next year."

"maybe i will." i waved a goodbye, zipping my puffy coat up and gently grabbing the bought contents in my hand. when i opened the door, the cool breeze brushed my face, and the door's top bell rung for the last time. frost stuck to my leather boots as i opened my car door, crouching to get in. i hid the gifts in an old hollister bag i left in there. i snickered to myself. "george's going to love this."

george's pov - 11:25 am

i tapped my feet at the wooden planked floor, staring at my phone and the winter wonderland outside me. the apartment room hummed a quiet ambiance as it glowed a warm orange. my eyes tracked the snowflakes falling from the sky onto the floor of blanketed white. it was valentines day. i smiled.

i think dream is pretty bad at hiding secrets and gifts for me. he told me he would go somewhere, just to buy and restock the milk in our mini-fridge. thing is, we aren't even out of that. so he's either getting last-minute valentines gifts for me or he's crazy.

he's clumsy, and i like that. really, he isn't much of a gentleman as you think. i always laugh when he trips at the smallest things, yet he says i'm the one who's inferior to him. a few more minutes pass by.

3rd person pov - 11:35 am

there's a knock on the door. "i wonder who that could be," george says to himself.

on the other side, dream stares inside the peephole. "george, let me in," he yells at the door, knowing that he won't hear it. he knocks harshly. the bag of flowers hide as he carries it behind him. at last, the door opens with a smiling brunette standing in front of him.

"hi clay!" george says, letting the taller one in. "i've been waiting for you!" he gives a tight hug. the top of his head barely reaches dream's chin. after letting go, he looks behind him. "what's that?"

"what- it's nothing! just the milk i promised." dream lies.

"clay?"

"no george. wait. i just have to do something."

"but i-"

dream's already gone. george sighs, slowly following him to where he went.

he arrives at his bedroom, locking his door to think about what to do. mumbles spill out of him. he's never done this before.

"i don't even have a suit, or even a proper introduction." dream reaches out to the bag, pulling out the bouquet. the laced tag reads in cursive: 'to george, someone special in my life.'

for a minute, he feels mixed emotions. excitement, thinking about how he reacts. anxiety, is he going to react good or bad? and anger, for not being prepared. he needed to recollect before he returned back to george.

the door opens. george's face is readable.

his eyebrows was a sign he was stressed, and he wasn't smiling either. he bit his lip and the warm chocolate eyes he had looked darker. "clay, what are you hiding? it's valentines day. tell me what's wrong."

well, you can't get out of this one. dream gives in. the flowers come into george's view as he stood up. he faces in front of george.

"it's my gift, for you." dream said. the cornflowers and chocolates sit in front of george. he stared at the floor disappointingly. "i didn't have anything else, i wasn't prepared-"

"thank you. but you're so silly." i don't need flowers or chocolates to have a happy valentines day. i have you already," george says softly, taking the flowers into his own hands. "blue, my favorite color." he smiles, bringing it up to his face and smelling it. that's when he started sneezing multiple times in a row.

"woah. bless you," dream said, grabbing a tissue and dabbing george's face gently. by that time george already whipped it away from his face and covered his watery eyes. "why is your face red?"

"wait. dream, are these cornflowers?"

"yeah, why?"

george sniffled before speaking his next sentence. he handed the flowers back but kept the bag. "i'm allergic to these types of flowers. daisies, cornflowers, yeah. i know, i didn't even know myself before." dream's jaw dropped in shock. there must've been a switch in his head that turned on.

"wait, really? oh gosh. i'm so sorry!" he ran to place the flowers on his nightstand, bringing george to sit on his bed. the smaller looks tired, yet he's still able to crack a smile.

"no, like i said, it's okay. you didn't know." george pats dream's back in comfort. "all i needed was a happy valentines day from you."

"well, happy valentines day then. we can just eat chocolates together." he reaches into the bag, pulling out another smaller bag inside. "see? i'm considerate."

george laughs. "of course you are. get the blanket and your laptop. we're binging today.

"of course." he pecks george's cheek and boops his nose. "i'll note not to bring you flowers next year."

"i only said i was allergic to cornflowers."

"you must be allergic to me then, cause you aren't coming to me." dream smirked.

"shut up." george mumbled, crawling next to dream and pulling up the warm blanket. at least he was with him.