softie

dream's pov

dream's hands darted on the keyboard, looking for any signs of texts, calls, or notifications from george. he had developed an obvious obsession with george the past months, and this day wasn't an exception. today, dream would notice george as usual.. but in real life. he never became nervous through the screen, but why was it now he's in a panic?

the blonde paced around his apartment, back and forth. 'any minute now..' he thought. dream felt his anxiety crept up to him.

an average person would've been eager to meet their best friend. but for dream, not so much. the fright of showing his face to anyone had taken over him, and all he could do was lock himself up in his room with his games all day. he was unprepared for this; dream barely imagined how he'd react when his ally came around.

dream tries his best to put on a decent look despite the terrible wardrobe. he decides on a green hoodie and some gray sweatpants. "what, it's simple, but iconic!" he says to himself, chuckling. he was nervous. the man prayed this would be enough as he silently lays in bed for the rest of the time, scrolling through his phone.

a knock.

finally after the anticipation, there's a knock. it's a simple sound, but his hands already get sweaty and he's in a panic again. instantly off his bed, he drops everything and rushes to the front door. was this george?

george's pov

the jet lag was horrible. my legs barely held up and staying awake for any longer got harder by the second. as i check my watch, i thought. as nervous as i was, i guessed dream couldn't be more. he never showed me his face before, how would he react? i would've questioned more ideas, but the door opens. it quietly creaks. then, out popped a blonde man with, green hoodie, and sweatpants. he stares at me, then at the house behind me.

"george?"

"dream?"

it was only a second before he pulls me into a tight hug, giggling. "george! i was so hesitant about you," he said. "i didn't expect you were going to show up!"

you're so stupid, dream.

"of course i'd arrive," i responded. he scooped me up, threading his hands through my hair. it's pleasant. i brush his cheek, mumbling. "your face is soft.." i felt him warm up in response. his clothing is like a bed, i could sleep in his arms right then and there.. and that's what i did.

dream's pov

i love everything about him. the way the brunette wears his denim jeans, his heartwarming laughs every time he sees me. i adored it when he complimented me; it proved that the effort of at least trying paid off. my heart beat faster when he fell asleep in my arms. he tells me my face is soft, i couldn't help but blush.

i take him in and close the door, only to realize i have nowhere to put him. the couch was as hard as stone and i didn't have any sleeping bags to bring either. "damn it." my mind races to darker intentions. my bed..

it was the only place that was somewhat tolerable to sleep in. worse enough, it also had just enough space for the both of us. i glanced back to him, who was lost in his dreams and snoring in my arms. i couldn't be careless. after all, it was 7 am, and the only reason i had woken up this early was so i could let george in. i let out a tired yawn, and decided.

i walk him to my bed and lay him down, being careful not to wake him up. next, i take a soft blanket and roll him up into a tiny burrito, smiling as i do so. "you're so small.." i said to him. he grips the blanket tighter in response.

then i get under the blankets myself, staring him into the eyes as he smiles in his sleep. it's cozy in here, maybe i should stay here more often..

we both fell asleep.

word count 693