Chapter Six

She looked at the ingredients as they mixed slowly. I looked up at her expression: blank. I saw my arm it was still swelling. Grace picked up the canteen and poured it on my arm. Pain was the only word to discribe what was felt on my arm excruciating pain. I passed out from the pain only to be woken up from the same thing.

I looked at the arm as the swelling went down. The skin was healing faster than I expected. Grace seemed baffled she looked at me then fainted.

"Why is everyone fainting I mean really." I looked at The floor and decided to relax. It still hurt but at least it didn't have an chance to get infected anymore.

Sh woke up after I had actually gone to sleep without pain from my arm. The occasional sting from the medicine was frequent. When she woke me up my arm was almost healed the only thing it didn't let me do was pick up a sword. The dagger In my pocket was still waiting to be used. This was its chance if I got in a fight.

Grace picked up the stuff. We got moving at about noon. The sun was beating down on our bodies as we walked to Kalimary the nearest kingdom. The closer we got the hotter the sun was only a couple of minutes I wasn't sweating and in a minute I was.

When we finally set up camp the kingdom walls were insisted but I was drenched. I walked out of the tent and went to the edge of the dirt road. The sun was setting as I sat down and watched. The sky turned purple and orange as the sun neared the horizon. I looked at the walls they reflected some of the light. The glass parts of the wall were well concealed. The only bad thing is that it wasn't done.

The guards have to stand there from vantage points with arrows drawn day in and day out to protect everyone from demons. The wall was very dark with planted moss hanging on it. Once the wall was complete they would make it look abandoned. Demons don't attack where there is no food and abandoned places have no food except the occasional wandering deer.

I walked back into the tent and went to my quarters thinking about what I was going to do once I got to the kingdom. Go to the blacksmith was on the top of my list next was a place to sleep with a bed that wasn't hard. I drifted off the sleep thinking about the excuse I would use for being away from the kingdom I had left.

AN: Quick update trying to kelp you interested. Leave comments good? bad? I will improve if needed but I need comments!!

Alex