Chapter Three

I pulled out my sword and joined the men in front of the gate waiting for it to open. The gate open swiftly. The men in front of me just like it. They ran towards the front line of the enemy. I heard men screaming as we reached the line of demons that were left. I pushed pass scared men that were just standing there frozen. When I got to the front line the ground was littered with bodies. A Demon saw me standing there looking stupid and decide to attack.

I saw a jagged sword swinging my way. I tried to raise my shield to block the attack. I failed miserably. The sword knockled th shield from my hand. I jumped sideways avoiding his next vigorous attack. I swung with my sword not aiming at anything. I heard a shriek. I had hit another demon on accident but it was still dead. The other demon stood there in shock.

Then out of nowhere Grace came from behind the demon and stabbed him in the heart from the back. I ran behind her to find another demon. I faked a attack from the left then landed a quick stab to the throat. It crumbled to the ground quickly. I looked up to see the remaining demons running off.

Wounded men were being hauled out of the battlefield. I looked over at the gate to see more men scurrying around from many years of experience I knew war makes people weird. When I walked in the gates I signal the guards to close them. They did so with a irritated grunt. I saw my father and quickly looked away trying not to be involve with anything military related.

When I got to the armory I noised at the swords master while he polished numerous swords that were covered with black demon blood. Grace followed she had a weak smile.

"Did you see that!! That was crazy I hope that doesn't happen again but if it does I want to be in the middle of it that was awesome!" She was so excited that her face had turned red and she was practically jumping in place.

I nodded at her sword and motioned to the swords master. She understood what I was gesturing and gave her sword up so it could be polished. I went up stairs to I could think about what had led to the attack. When I got up to my room I fell asleep pretty quickly.