Chapter 4

The Sun & The Moon(Don't Forget The Stars)
Kenny Ackerman x Reader

Alamort- Half Dead Of Exhaustion

"I don't mind"

Leaving Levi to peacefully eat, I refilled any cups and took orders to Edgar. Walking into the kitchen, I sighed. I honestly just wanted the day to end.
"You looked like a family there. For a second I thought you had a secret life I didn't know about," turning around, Sahida entered the kitchen with a platter filled with empty plates. Softly laughing, I shake my head.
"I don't think I'm Kenny's type."
"Oh, so you're on first name bases now. Good to know," Sahida mused, playfully bumping into me as she grabbed an order from Edgar. I rolled my eyes at her and turned to the cook.
"You know, (N/n), you should be careful with him. He might seem nice but, he practically runs half of the Underground. He'll have a lot of enemies that you'll have to watch out for. Plus he kills the MP's for fun! And forget about having a family with him, he's too dangerous for that," Edger rambled as he handed me a new platter of food.
Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself. Kenny may have a rough exterior, but he would never hurt anyone without reason. Besides, the MPs had it coming.
"Thank you, Edgar. But I can handle myself." I said as I walked out.
I appreciate how they care for me, but we live in the Underground. If I didn't know how to protect myself by now I'd be dead.

"Thanks (N/n)!" A few of the drunk men called out as I passed them their food or refilled their cups, but it was calm.
Looking back at Levi, I saw that he had finished his potatoes with cheese and apple juice. Walking over to him I sit down next to him.
Levi turned his head to me and quickly averted his eyes to his hands. Smiling at the small boy, I tilted my head at him.
"So, Levi, is Kenny your dad?" The question blurted out before I could even process what I asked. He's a child, he probably doesn't even know anyway.
But Levi just shrugged and began twiddling with his fingers.
"I don't know. He acts like it... I hope he is... don't tell him I said that okay..." Levi whispered, looking up at me with his large silver eyes. Giving him a soft smile I nodded.
"You can tell me any secrets and I won't tell anyone, I promise," I whispered back offering him my pinky. Looking at it, Levi softly smiled and wrapped his own bone like pinky around mine.
"How old are you, Levi?" I asked, ruffling his hair.
"I'm five..." Levi murmured.
He's so young. And yet he looks like he hadn't had food for years. I wonder what he went through to become like this.
"Well, what's your favorite color?" I ask as I shift in my seat to lean on my arm. Levi paused and blinked a few times until he turned to me.
"I like blue... like the sky..." Levi said, more clearly. This boy was a wonder.
"That's a very pretty color," I say nodding my head at him.
"What's your favorite color?" Levi asked, still staring at me.
"I like the color (f/c). It reminds me of my sister," I said scratching my head.
"Who's your sister?" Levi asked, looking down at his hands. Smiling at him I ruffled his hair again.
"Someone in my past." I sigh as I stand up walking behind the bar. Grabbing a rag from underneath I began to wipe down the bar table.
"I'm sorry..." Levi mumbled as he began to play with his hands again. Looking up at him I smiled and ruffled his hair.
"It's okay," I say as I walk over to the back tables where Boros sat with Kuba.
"Need any refills boys?" I asked, reaching down to Kuba's cup without even letting them respond.
"So, I'm guessing that's your kid..." Kuba said, letting his voice trail. I set his cup and a shot daggers at him.
"I've never had any children in my life. Levi is a wonderful boy, but he is not mine. So leave him alone," I bark walking off. I don't even know why I was offended. But Kuba always knew how to get on my nerves, with his eyebrow cocks and sly smirks. It drove my crazy. If he didn't have Boros in his life he would be dead.
I walked into the kitchen and went up to Edgar. He smiled at me and slid over a plate of chicken which I took. Turning around, Sahida stood at the door.
"The kid, there's someone near the kid," Sahida whispered as she took the chicken from my hand letting me leave.
I rushed out and stood calmly on the other side of the door, in the bar. A tall, but skinny, man that was obviously drunk stood beside Levi. He was shooting daggers with his eyes at the poor boy and was clenching his fists.
Staying behind the bar, I walked up to the drunkard and Levi, keeping a smile stretched across my face.
"Hi, what seems to be the problem?" I asked, sending quick worried glances to Levi. The boy didn't even seem scared, he was relaxed and completely fine.
The drunkard looked up at me and began to violently shake his finger at Levi.
"This kid, this kid, he just told me that I should be in a puddle of shit because that's where I belong." The stranger began to lean against the chair that Levi sat on.
"I'm sure it was a misunderstanding. He's just a boy, he most likely was joking," i try to reason.
"I wasn't... he shouldn't be here..." Levi mumbled, finally looking up at me.
This boy really wants to die, doesn't he.
The drunkard became even more angry and raised his hand to slap Levi. Without even thinking, I grabbed a cup from underneath the bar and slammed it on his head.
Staggering back, the drunk fell on his butt and passed out.
Levi stared at the man with wide eyes until finally looking back at me.
"You're really cool, (Y/n)..." smiling at the little boy and ruffling his hair.
"Don't go picking fights with people twice your size, Levi. Why'd you even go after him?" I ask, leaning against the bar. Levi looked at his fingers and mumbled something I couldn't understand.
"You have to speak up, Levi, I can't hear you," I said. Levi looked back up at me and nodded.
"He said that you were a bad person and a lazy bum... but you're not..." Levi said.
I smiled at the boy.
"Well, for protecting my honor, do you want some apple juice?" Levi softly smiled and nodded.
Walking into the kitchen and grabbing him some apple juice, I stayed with Levi, waiting for Kenny Ackerman to come and pick him up.

"I spy something green," I say as I look around the bar.
Levi turned his head to the area I was looking in and searched the entire bar, until his lights lit up.
"Is it that weird man's pants?" Levi asked, holding in his laughs. Trying no to laugh myself I nodded.
"Ya, your turn."
"I spy...- Kenny!" Levi called out excitedly. Turning to the door, a confused but happy Kenny Ackerman.
"Hey, did you protect my hat?" Kenny asked, ruffling Levi's hair.
Levi nodded and walked to the stool next to him and grabbed the black hat he placed there.
"Thanks kid." Kenny mumbled, taking a seat next to me, Levi's old seat.
"Thanks for watching him." Smiling at Kenny I nodded.
"It was fun. We had a bonding moment."
"Ya, (Y/n) threw a cup at a man and he passed out. It was pretty cool." Levi mumbled as he tried to push Kenny out of his seat. Standing up, Kenny moved to the seat next to him while eyes me.
"You threw a cup at a man?..." Taking a deep breath I explained to Kenny what had happened. Kenny had smirked at the end of the story and ruffled Levi's hair.
"Good job kid, you did good."
Laughing at the two boys, I stood up and walked towards the kitchen.
"When do you finish your shift?" Kenny asked, leaning on the bar.
"Actually, I just finished." I said.
"Well, why don't I walk you home? You know, for watching over the kid," Kenny offered, looking down at the table.
A light blush began to form across my cheeks as I nodded at the crooked man.
"I'd love to..." I said as I walked back into the kitchen.