Theodore Nott

A/N: I know that Theo wasn't a prefect, but just play along for the one shot😂

A couple of my friends were chosen as prefects last year, so I knew a few things about it.

But I somehow missed the fact that the prefects meeting took place so early in the train ride to Hogwarts.

"What are you still doing here?" I jumped, slightly startled, as my head shot up to the carriage door to see Anthony standing there, clearly displeased.

"Pardon?" I asked, marking my place in my book.

"The prefects meeting? You're late," He sighed, and I felt my eyes widen.

"That's now?" I asked, rushing to my feet. He rolled his eyes, "C'mon, they're waiting for you. You're lucky I volunteered to come get you, the head boy nearly said no, explaining how it's your job to be on time." Anthony explained, "Not that he's wrong on that bit," He muttered, but I heard it clearly.

"Ow," Anthony exclaimed, rubbing his side where I had just jabbed him with my elbow.

"Well how was I supposed to know if nobody told me?" I rolled my eyes, and he clearly got the message that I had been talking about him.

"Well," Anthony mocked, "I figured you'd already known, considering I wasn't there on the train ride last year?" He questioned, glancing down at me.

Realization filled my features, causing him to roll his eyes once again.

"Oh," I mumbled, feeling myself flood red in embarrassment.

"Yeah, oh." He smirked, causing me to smile slightly.

Though my smile was short lived when Anthony slid open the door to the prefects carriage, attracting the attention of every single person in the room.

"You're late." Percy Weasley stated and I flushed under his gaze, muttering apologizes as I rushed over to the only available seat.

Which just to my luck, happened to be by a Slytherin. Not that I had anything against the house members - I just hadn't heard many good things about them.

And considering I had seen this particular Slytherin hang around Draco Malfoy, I just assumed he wasn't the friendliest.

But who was I to judge? I had never spoken a word to Nott in all my years at Hogwarts.

As the head boy and girl finished their speeches, they went around the room handing out our schedules.

"Don't even think about asking us to switch your rounds partners, unless you've got a legitimate excuse we won't be accepting any reasons for why you can't work together in a mature and professional way."

I scanned over the page in my hands, not seeming to find a problem at first. Until I noticed my rounds partner.

Theodore Nott.

Okay, I thought, so what? He's in Slytherin, that doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

And he's friend's with the boy who repeatedly calls one of your best friend's a mudblood.. But that doesn't mean he's like that right?

For all I know he's a perfectly nice guy. I can't just associate him with those types of people, I mean it's not like he had a choice right? He was born into a family of Blood Supremacy and death eaters, sure. But, that doesn't mean he agrees with those things.