A New Friend

We were on a trip in the Uk a few days after my birthday, something to do with keeping me safe from New York. We were staying in London as Mom and Dad wanted to meet up with some 'old' friends -well i haven't met them. However, Dad told me they had a daughter my age that liked to read.

I had been waiting in the car with Happy for so long, that my eyes fell to a close. I was soon awoken once we had arrived at a three story house in a cul-de-sac. Daddy came and got me out of the car and held me in his arms as mommy ran up to the lady and gave her a hug. Apparently they were the Grangers. They came over to great me and dad and I buried my face in his neck.

Mr and Mrs Granger lead us into the house, to their living room where their daughter was waiting. Mommy and daddy sat down on the chairs whilst I sat on dad's lap.

"Alex met the Grangers: Mr Granger, Mrs Granger and their daughter Hermione Granger." My mom introduced them to me.

I meekly said "Hi, my name is Alexandra but you can call me Alex"

I sat on dad's lap until Hermionie came over and asked me if I liked to read. I replied with a small yes and she smiled. Then she grabbed my hand and pulled me up to her room.

It was small but subtle -half of the size of my bedroom- and full of books - big books. She must love reading. We talked for a while and learned things about each other. Her favourite colour was blue, she enjoyed reading and was like me in every way. Different!

This was a new magical bond that couldn't be broken between us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it isn't very long I wanted to get it out of the way as there are better parts coming soon.

Love Alex x