Chapter 10

Two days later, the two ships were heaving their anchors, lifting up their sails, ready to set out.

There was a bunch of people on the deck of Percy's ship. Piper, Rachel, Tyson, Jason, the Stalls and a weirded-out-by-the-blue-ship Leo, chatted loudly. Tyson made gestures with his large hands and said soemething goofy that caused everyone to laugh. Even Clarisse, as grumpy as she was, joined them.

And there was Nico on the shore, with three or four little island kids milling around him. They had big smiles on their faces but Nico's face clearly expressed that he wasn't feeling the same happiness as them.

"For the last time, those skeletons were not dancing! I don't conjure dancing skeletons for fun!" He snapped at the kids.

The kids giggled as they kept on insisting that the skeletons were indeed, dancing.

Annabeth stood her ground at the front of her ship. There was so much to explore still. Seas to sail on, islands to roam about, puzzles to solve, monsters to kill, money to rob and most importantly, a lot much to know.

She came to stand next to Percy.

"So, I guess, this is goodbye...?" She asked.

"Yep, I guess so. But we're gonna meet up at port, right?" Percy cocked an eyebrow.

Annabeth nodded. 

"I think we make a good team too. Your crew is strong but strategically lagging. Mine is strong but a little clumsy. It makes a good combination, indeed. I hope we get more cases to solve. We got a lot of stuff just from killing a Chimera."

They had. The villagers were extremely happy and relieved to know that the monster haunting them, was dead. The elder community had given them barrels of fruits, bread and fish. And both Annabeth and Percy got a token of honour each, a gold brooch.

Percy's brooch was a lily, all sparkly gold with pink pearl in the centre. Annabeth's one was a gold feather with a soft sapphire on it. Those items had antic value in market.

They bid goodbye to each other as both the ships sailed out.

The sea was waiting.