Chapter 1

It was the break of dawn when Argo II left the port of Aegina. The sunlight was flourishing beautifully as Annabeth came up to the main deck. She lingered on the edge of the railing, looking at the beautiful sunrise.

"Captain?" Someone called from behind.

Annabeth spun around to see two sailors carrying a sack between them. She narrowed her eyes. "What's in the sack?"

"Sand," One of them replied, "From the gold beach." Sand that contained gold.

"Alright, give it to Hazel. She'd take care of it." She waved off the two boys as she searched the deck for Leo. She needed him to do repair some swords. Leo had a technique of adding extra assets to swords which made them deadlier, and this technique was highly appreciated in many cases, especially by Annabeth.

Then she spotted Leo doing some weird tap-dancing on the fore deck, chatting with Grover , who was laughing loudly. Annabeth just shook her head. 

Jason and Piper were still sleeping in their cabins. They had done most of the work last night- Piper misdirecting people with her sweet charmspeak and Jason flying into another ship to gain them an entrance there. As a result, they had a looted a big fortune from that ship.

Frank was injured badly and thus resting.

Hazel, however, was wrapped up in her cabin, reading a book, the last time Annabeth checked on her. Annabeth, being a big bookworm, had spent a lot of money to buy three big stacks of books, half of them based on warfare. She often lent some of those books to Hazel too.

Nico Di Angelo was lounging on a crate along the opposite railing. He was looking over to sunrise as well. He didn't speak much or do much, but he had some surprising powers which he only used when in dire need. He usually just sat around and helped the sailors in their daily cores or helped Annabeth in planning maps. But he would truly have a good mood on the days they would arrive at Camp Half Blood, which was only once a month. It was only Will Solace, the son of Apollo who made him smile. And laugh. The both of them were adorable together.

Annabeth always watched these people in love with a smile on her face. She didn't expect to find love, so pure and so heartfelt, anytime soon...or ever.

So, Annabeth gazed at the sun.