●Trust●

♡"The people when rightly and fully trusted will return the trust."♡

C H A P T E R F O U R
////___________////__________////

"Devon I swear to God I can do it!" Matt tried to convince for the 2oth time in the past 15 minutes. "The world record is 44 so why can't I do 52?"

It was Sunday, the fourth day of practice for the basketball players. They have been practicing all weekend from 12 to 9 p.m. every day since Thursday. Connor and Noah, we're both on the team and have been extremely hard, so Matt I decided we would come to watch them and show our support. We've been here for about an hour and a half and were just about losing our minds. Somehow, whether or not Matt could fitt 52 marshmallows in his mouth became the topic about 15 minutes ago.

"Your an idiot, Matt," I told him

He placed his hand over his heart as if he was hurt. "First you doubt my skills of stuffing marshmallows in my face, then you insult me?"

"Matthew you gaged when you tried to deep throat your finger yesterday" I reminded him
"you have the worst gag reflex, what makes you think you can even put 5 marshmallows in your mouth?"

"First off never call me that, second let's make a deal if I can succeed in stuffing my mouth with 52 marshmallows without throwing up you have to watch all 15 seasons of supernatural with me" he held out his hand for me to shake.

"And if I win you have to buy me pancakes from Harleys," I said

He shook my hand "Deal"

We turned our attention back to the basketball players who practicing their long-range shots. I could see Connor shooting his ball into the hoop while the 5 other guys behind him waiting for their turn. Noah was closest to me and Matt who were seated on the bleachers.
Noah was talking to the basketball coach, his hair wet with sweat. He was listening intently, nodding his head occasionally.
It was weird to watch this boy so focused when he normally could never focus.
As if feeling my gaze he looked up at me and Matt and sent us a smile. Matt gave him an encouraging double thumbs up.
Noah turned back to the coach and said something to him and pointed at the 5 guys, on the opposite side of Connor and his group, who were practicing their passing skills.
The coach nodded and walked away.

Much to my delight and a few other girls who had come in to watch, Noah pulled his shirt clean off, revealing his toned stomach that my eyes immediately fell to.

I sucked in a sharp breath as his shirtless torso was exposed to me. Gawking wouldn't quite describe my state. I was shocked, stunned, flabbergasted, amazed, wonderstruck, mesmerized. I have seen plenty of shirtless boys but this was different somehow. His abdominals were sculptured to perfection as his six-packs pop, instantly giving off the impression that he came out of a Calvin Klein shoot. I won't forget about his arms for years.
My eyes continued to wander all over the boy who was staring at me.

Staring at me?!

I looked away just before Matt whistled loudly. "What's up Sexy Man's!" He yelled.
Noah winked and Matt blew a kiss to him. I on the other was suddenly very fascinated with my shoes.

As Noah began walking away the sound of the gym doors opening caught my attention, Izzy and Emma came running in dressed in black basketball shorts that reached just above their knees and a black sleeveless shirt to match.
"Devon!" They both yelled at the same time.
Noah's basketball coach stepped in front of them blocking them from running any further.

"Ms. White, Ms. Lockhart, is there a reason your running in my gym?" he asked

"It's a gym it's meant for running, now get out of our way old man!" Emma pushed him out of their way and ran to the bleachers, to Matt and me.
"Devon-" Izzy gasped out