Lilibeth

Pregnancy is getting the best of me now. It feels like I'm back on the first few months of misery.

Not only is my belly getting too big for me to get out of my chair properly, but I'm also terribly tired. Maybe it's because I'm in my sixth month now and Doctor Aaron did say that this month would be the sleepy one. She says it's because my daughter is having the biggest advancement this month. You go girl, but please give me a break.....

During lunch, I nearly fell on my tray and Francesca just gave me a worried look. "Sweetie? Why don't you go home early? You look like you've--"

"I'm awake!" I said as I abruptly lifted up my head at the smallest sound of her voice. "I'm sorry. I'm exhausted even though I did not do a single thing in any of my classes."

Charity gave my back a rub and then looked at Luke. He gave her a small nod and whispered in my ear, "I have an idea. Wanna come with me?"

"Where to?"

"Somewhere you can sleep."

"Say..." I was interrupted by a yawn until I said, "No more...." We ended up going to the girl's locker room of the theater hallway where there's a small sofa. I put my head on his lap, and slowly fell asleep to the sound of his voice reading Moby Dick to me and his hand slowly rubbing my belly.

I'm still so hungry. All the time. Whenever my friends go out to eat, I'm always down. Well. I've always been down to go out to eat with anybody, but this time I'm more excited to fill up my empty stomach. Whenever my mother calls out that any kind of food is ready, I run down. Unfortunately, I nearly fell down the stairs for being too excited and my father saved me. He said not to be reckless like that, but then he went back to being a teddy bear explaining that the weight of my belly just makes my balance uneven sometimes. So I understood and still got the first plate.

Back aches and cramps are still making a misery out of my poor body, but it's just those strong kicks that make me forget it all. She is enough to make my heart fly. Though, I just wish that she could lower it down on the movements when it's time to get my sleep. And cravings are taking away my sleep so....no wonder I'm so tired during the day. At least I'm not in my finals week...

My favorite time of the week is when I go out for a walk with my dog. Doctor Aaron said that I need to get my exercise so, I walk with either my brother or Charity. Mostly with Charity. The last time we went was when I decided to walk to my job to talk to the manager. I live only ten minutes away by foot so I wasn't sticking my tongue out once I stepped in the store. Hayden saw me from afar and happily waved at me. I waved back with a smile and entered the back office.

The manager saw me enter and her eyes grew wide. "Oh. Lilibeth. You're...."

"Pregnant. I know," I said. "I wanted to talk to you about this before I got back to work next week."

"I see. Please." She pointed at a small chair in front of her desk and I took a quick seat.

"I may need some--"

"Some changes to schedule and positions. Yeah. I know. I've had several of you around here. You'll probably to be leaving soon. In a week or so."

My blood started to boil at that point and I narrowed my eyes at her. "I'm sorry?"

But she still clicked on her computer as she said, "Let me guess. Only coming for two times a week instead of four?"

"Look," I said with a steady voice. "I only came to let you know about my condition. I'm still strong enough to work except carry heavy things. If you feel like you want to change any-"

The loud sound of a door slamming open and a laughter made my little one jump inside of me. It was the idiot second manager that slammed his hand on the table making my belly jerk.