Something Happens; Donatello

I walk through the door with annoyance written on my bruised face. I shut the door behind me and kicked my shoes off. I look over in the darkness to see Donatello still sitting up and watching TV, I sigh and turn on my lights only to receive a light hiss from him. I roll my eyes and walk past him to grab my money jar and stuff the money in my hand inside. Huffing, I place the jar down and pick up some clean clothes.

"I'm gonna shower. If you want, I can take you home after," I say as I walk into the bathroom and shut the door. I look at myself in my cracked mirror, my left cheek covered in a dark bruise, my lower lip was busted and my dried blood layered over it, my nose red as red liquid drips out of my right nostril. I grip the sides of my sink as I get closer to the mirror and sigh.

Pushing back, I start to get rid of my clothing. Looking at the dark marks on my body as I take off my shirt, the small and large scars that run deeper than they look, the old and the new fist shaped bruises that lie on my stomach. I throw my clothes in the corner of my bathroom and step into the shower. Turning the switch, I was greeted with cold water before it heated up. I sigh and let the water consume me, the blood running down my body, my muscles relaxing, and steam fills the room. I throw my head back and let the water patter on the front of my neck. Grabbing my soap and moving it along my skin.

~-~

"You seriously live down here?" My nose scrunches in disgust as I walk through the sewers, turtle straddling my back.

"Yes, I do," Donatello sighs, continuing to give me directions. "Take a left here," he points to a tunnel.

Walking through the tube, I make sure I have a secure grip on Donnie. A bright light makes its way to my field of vision. The purple clad turtle tells me to go towards it and when I do, I'm greeted with three more giant turtles. My body jolted as they all came towards us and started yelling questions to both me and Donnie.

"Before y'all go crazy, can I crash here tonight?" I ask over their yelling. "I haven't slept in two days at this point." I get subtle nods in return and then I take Donnie to the room he directs me to. I felt him take off his battle shell and pointed to a capsule that was about seven feet off the ground that had a ladder.

"I am not climbing that," I yawn as I place him on the ground. I left the room and asked the others for a few blankets and pillows I could use. I come back with old blankets and three throw pillows and drop them next to Donnie. I use one of the blankets to cover a good portion of the floor and bring Don to one side while I reside on the other. I throw him two of the pillows and keep the last one to myself, I finally cover our bodies with the thicker blankets and lie down. I face away from Donnie and close my eyes.

"Thanks... for everything," he meekly says as I feel his hand slip into mine. I only turn over and hum in response, intertwining our fingers and slowly fall asleep. 

word count: 600