Chapter 4 -With Great Power Comes A Heavy Burden

New York City 

"Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor but the device is already self-sustaining," Jarvis states to Stark as he flies towards Stark Tower, spotting a strange device harnessing the Tesseract with Dr.Selvig near it.

"Shut it down, Doc!"

Selvig turns around at Tony's voice, 

"It's too late!! She can't be stopped now." Erik then examines the beauty of his creation still under the influence of the scepter.

"She wants to show us something! A brand new universe!"

"Okay." Tony lets out as he charges up his Repulsor blasts. As it fires, the energy field appears around the device, seemingly absorbing the blasts, and deflects it back at Tony, whilst also blasting Erik Selvig away, who hits his head against an electric box near him. seeing that this wasn't working, as he looks around to think of another plan.

The loud noise causes citizens below to look up in surprise

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unreachable." Jarvis lets Iron Man know,

"Yeah, I got that. Tony responds before looking down at Loki, who's looking back at Stark with a stoic look

"Plan B. Then,"

"Sir, the Mark 7 is not ready for deployment."

"Then Skip the spinning rims we're on the clock here!"

Tony then lands in his landing circle as the machinery starts to come off the playboy philanthropist. 

all meanwhile Loki and Stark keep each-other in their sights as they both walk into Tony's tower.

"Sir there is a highspeed projectile heading their way.. scans are indicating that it's him...." making Tony smile thinking if the suit fails.. there's plan B...

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity?" Loki says with confidence, looking up at the suit-less, defenseless Tony

"Actually, I'm planning to threaten you," Tony states as he walks to the bar.

"Should've left your armor on for that or brought That Pethtic Guardian with you." which caused Tony to twitch a little bit as he thinks back to an image of Y/n feeling depressed and locked himself in his room. But he has to keep a cool head... He'll show up... He knows it.

"Would you like a drink?" Tony asks as he goes behind the bar

Loki laughs a bit, totally oblivious to what Tony's doing,

"Stalling me won't change the outcome.. only delaying the ineffable"

"No, no. Threatening."Tony corrects him as he pours a drink 

Loki ignores him and faces the window as he looks into the city,

"The Chitauri are coming, Nothing will change that." As he looks at Tony with a smug face yet again,

"What have I to fear mortal?"

"The Avengers," Tony replies while pouring himself a tall glass of whisky

Loki gives him a confusing look, causing Tony to elaborate seeing Tony instead drinking his second glass.

"That's what we call ourselves. We're sorta like a team..."Earth's Mightiest Heroes"

Loki smiled and chuckled "Yes I've met them. If I'm not mistaken, I already handled them as well...." 

Tony chuckles at his comment