Chapter 30

I was playing my flute as Itachi read, leaning unto each others backs for support.  I paused to watch the sunset change the scene around us, and he turned to pull me into his lap.  "They're still angry..."

He shrugged.  "Can't hide forever."

I pursed my lips.  "But I ca-"

"No... You can't.  We discussed this."

I sighed.  "Never saw what was so great about the place.  It holds people hostage."

He chuckled.  "Is that so?"

I nodded.  "It held Minato hostage and I had to get in trouble for him to break free."

He hugged me tighter.  "It's called a job."

I pursed my lips.  "Okay... The Academy then... You were held hostage and if Minato couldn't leave his prison, he'd break you out to stop me from whatever I was doing."

He laughed.  "I missed so much class, not that I minded.  It really was boring."

I smiled at him.  "See... I kept life interesting, so... Yes?"

He kissed my forehead.  "No."

I puffed out my cheeks.  "Okay... Okay... Hmm..."

"Kunoichi... Itachi..."

I tensed as he looked up.  "Minato..."

The blonde approached slowly, watching me.  "Are you feeling better?"

I frowned.  "Wonderful, except my husband has this aversion to me destroying prisons."

That earned me a poke on the forehead, and I scowled.  "No."

I sighed.  "Okay, so... The interrogation building.  Ibiki needs a break."

Minato sighed in relief.  "About earlier..."

Itachi shook his head at me and faced him again.  "If you want to scold us, now is not the time.  We just got back to not actually crushing important places."

I narrowed my eyes.  "So... Places that aren't important.  Hmm...."

He shook his head.  "We were just very concerned.  We didn't mean to make either of you feel that you were a burden."

He poked my side.  "I told you."

I frowned.  "The hot springs... The pervert can't exactly use them for his books anymore."

Itachi sighed and forced me to look at my father, and I purposely closed my eyes.  "Kunoichi..."

I pursed my lips and opened them.  "We're okay, Old Man."

Minatory scratched his head.  "Enough to come home?"

I looked up at Itachi, who stood.  "Until it gets dangerous."

He looked between us.  "Dangerous?"

He shook his head.  "I'll explain later.  This one..."  He scooped me up so I wouldn't run.  "Needs to eat."

I scowled.  "But we just ate."  As though they were listening, the twins moved.  "Traitors."

Itachi chuckled and lifted me to nuzzle my stomach.  "You listen better than her, at least."

I pushed his head away.  "Traitors, all of you."

Minato watched as we started in that direction.  "Uh... Is that safe?"

Itachi stayed silent, navigating through the trees without difficulty.  "What you gonna cook?"

He looked down at me.  "Not sure yet, anything specific?"