Chapter 20

"These fucking people are going to drive me crazy..." I peeked around a wall, and dashed to the next building. I hurriedly made my way to the Uchiha estate and below the temple. "Hopefully, I can find peace here..."

I sighed and sat before the stone tablet, touching my fingertips together. I frowned as someone appeared behind me. "I swear you people never give up."

Itachi chuckled and sat in front of me. "Strange place to hide."

I narrowed my eyes. "It's haunted, you should go before the ghosts get you." He sighed and pulled me into his lap. "I think it's time we take our leave. I tire of this place."

He shook his head. "They just worry..."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm pregnant... not dying. Hell, they didn't fuss this much when I was dying."

He nuzzled my hair and placed a hand on my stomach. "You said... he wasn't capable..."

I nodded. "The one thing he always wanted and could never have."

"I'm sorry... for doubting you."

I shrugged. "I was beaten and starved for a month... I would have more questions if you didn't."

He pulled around me to face him. "Tsunade says all is well?"

I pursed my lips. "I knew this wasn't a social call." He smirked, and we were in an exam room.

I frowned at the snap of gloves. "Good... you found her."

I struggled in Itachi's arms. "Leave me be, Old Hag."

Itachi effectively held me down as she approached. "You need to get checked regularly, especially considering your eating habits."

I glared up at Itachi. "Traitor..." He shrugged, and I gave up as she touched my belly. "See... all good, can I go now?"

She frowned. "This..."

Itachi looked worried. "Is something wrong?"

I rolled my eyes. "No."

She arched a brow at me. "How do you know?"

I crossed my arms. "Not my first rodeo... let me guess... twins."

She blinked rapidly. "Ho-"

I jumped from Itachi's arms. "It's always been that way." He lingered in the room as I thought of places to hide. "Where to go... where to go..."

Itachi appeared in front of me. "No escaping."

I rolled my eyes. "Why? I'm fine, they are fine..."

He grabbed my hand. "You need to eat something." I heaved a sigh as I was hauled to Minato's, grumbling under my breath the whole way.

I plopped on the couch as we entered and pouted. Minato came out of the kitchen. "Mature..." I side eyed him. "What did Lady Tsunade say? Or are you still avoiding her."

I looked at him, then back at the wall. Itachi shook his head. "Everything's fine."

Minato sighed in relief. "Good. Your mom said she'd bring something over."

Itachi nodded and sat beside me, poking my side. "Not talking?" I continued to stare. "Why didn't you want to see her?" He sighed as I remained silent. "Talk to me..."

I side eyed him. "You all worry too much. I get it, but all of this is really unnecessary."

He put a hand on my knee. "What do you expect?"

I sighed. "Not to be coddled. I can still train and do everything just like before. I took all of you on just fine."

He frowned. "If we..."

I turned to him. "Exactly my point."

He rubbed his face, clearly stressed. "You say that what we are doing is not needed, but why risk anything if you don't have to?"

I stood. "So what? You expect to sit around doing nothing. You can forget it."

He was at a loss. "What do you want, Kunoichi?"

I looked out of the window. "For starters... let's run."

He blinked. "What?"

I was already halfway through the door. "Catch me if you can, Uchiha." I bolted, enjoying the wind in my face, going nowhere in particular. I felt as Itachi gave chase and masked my chakra. I made it to the far end of the village and redirected, taking to rooftops until I hit trees. I looked around as I reached the barrier around the village.

It seemed I lost my tail, but I knew better and headed in a different direction. I still wasn't tiring when I stopped again, this time at a very familiar structure. I went in and drew a kunai, waiting.

Itachi entered, and I threw it at him, but he caught it, surprised. I attacked, and he dodged and evaded, making no move to strike back. I jumped back. "It'll be fine."

He frowned. "No." I matched his frown and attacked relentlessly. He grimaced, struggling not to retaliate.

I started getting angry and jumped back. "Tell me... if an enemy were to attack, do you think they'd care?" I struck again with more force than before. "Do you think they'd just leave me be if they knew?" I locked blades with him. "Do you expect me to just run?"

He pushed me against the wall, grinding his teeth. "Why must you be so difficult?"

I stuck my chin out defiantly. "I'm the same person you married, Uchiha." Suddenly, his lips were on mine, and I blinked rapidly. I shoved him away, and he prepared for another assualt, doujutsu activated. "That's more like it."