Chapter 15

I felt a storm of emotions pass through him before he spoke, searching my eyes for the truth. "How long have you known?"

"I knew before escaping."

Rage filled him. "And you're just telling me now?"

I averted my gaze. "I didn't feel you were ready... even now, I'm not sure."

His eyes widened as he backed away from me. "Not ready? Kunoichi, this is a child... our child... unless..."

I clenched my fists. "You've got some nerve, Uchiha."

His nostrils flared. "How could it survive? You were starved and beaten! There's no way."

I bit my cheek, trying to hold my temper. "I will not stand here as you accuse me of this... of all fucking things."

He scoffed. "Then explain it to me."

I lifted my chin defiantly. "Quite frankly... I don't have to explain anything to you. It's your child, and the fact that you would even think to doubt that is all the answer I need right now."

Surprise crossed his face. "And what answer is that?"

I turned to leave. "You're not ready to move past what happened... and you're not ready for this. I won't be at Minato's tonight... I hope you sleep well." I ran as fast as I could just to be anywhere, but near him. I stopped hands in my knees, taking in my surroundings. "How uncanny..."

I was on what used to be the Uchiha estate, in shambles from Pein's attack. I took a breath as I began to walk. I went to where the temple once stood and into its depths. I found what I was looking for and stood before a great stone tablet. I didn't need to activate any doujustu to know what it said. "All this history... for what? When all it does is repeat itself."

I closed my eyes, fighting my own emotions, placing a hand on my belly. "I will fight... so you won't live in the world they want to create. I can only hope your father will see reason by then."

I felt a pull, much different from one I've felt before, but strangely familiar. I looked around and saw nothing, but it was pulling me deeper, past the stone. Strange... I followed it cautiously, but there was only a wall. I frowned. "What could possibly be behind here?"

I was pulled from my thoughts as I felt another pull. "Sasuke..." I closed my eyes to see him lounging in a tree. "Little Brother?"

He looked at me, concerned. "I felt a surge of chakra... are you okay?"

I averted my gaze. Why does he have to look so much like his brother right now. "I'm fine, I apologize for making you worry."

"And the baby?"

I smiled at him softly. "Doing well."

He looked at me for a moment. "Where's Itachi?"

I frowned. "I don't know and really don't care to."

He blinked. "What happened?"

I sighed. "It doesn't matter... how are you?"

He shrugged. "Same... there's a meeting happening... Madara wants to attend. Tell me you won't be there."

I rolled my eyes. "I need to be."

He was in front of me. "It's not safe, ChiChi. Send someone else."

I shook my head. "No. I promise to be careful, and there will be others there to help if things go wrong."

He frowned. "Ibiki is able to see your thoughts, right? Send him."

"Sasuke... I'm not as fragile as you think."

His Sharingan activated in his anger. "You may not be..."

I met his gaze unwavering. "You're already going blind, Uchiha. Put those away. They don't scare me."

He searched my face. "Is there no way to get you to stay in the village?"

I shook my head. "No."

He grit his teeth as his eyes turned to black. "You know he will expect me to fight you."

I nodded. "Let's give him a glorious show."

He turned away from me. "Yes... let's..."

"Sasuke, we'll be fine. If you ever feel it's too much... you know you can come home."

He looked at me sadly. "Too deep in for that, Sis, but I'll keep it in mind."

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you, Little Brother, for everything you've done."

He smirked slightly, placing his hand on mine. "Be safe."

I nodded. "You too." I opened my eyes, looking at the wall again, no longer feeling the need to go past it. "Wonder what that was." I turned to leave barely, giving the tablet a glance as I went. I wandered through the village aimlessly, admiring how quickly they were rebuilding before I came to a familiar spot. "Maybe... Naruto was right..."

I formed the hand signs erecting a small shop, mostly from memory. I walked in and looked at it. "Makoto... it took you years to acquire all those instruments. Seems empty without them."

I ran my fingers along the newly made shelves and sighed. I can... after... if I survive... I surprised myself at my own thoughts and chuckled. "Wow... I'm really considering settling down. This doesn't suit me at all." I thought a moment and made an extra room in the back. "Now... to prepare."