Chapter 5

FLASHBACK

Jimin and Alice is tied on a fixed marriage to each other by their parents. When both of them heard of the news, they are very happy since they had started liking each other even before they have been tied. But not until the incident where she saw her fiancé making out with other girl. She doesn't have the courage to say that to his father before she left. She only told their friends (Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hobi and Taehyung) about it. But a few months after she left, she called her dad and told him to call off the arrangement with Jimin's parents. She told her father that she doesn't want to marry Jimin anymore. Her father kept on asking her of the real reason, and so as to Jimin's side. But neither of them talked back nor fought to fix the problem.

-End of flashback-

Not until today.

Alice explained, "Dad, I'm sorry that I have to leave you all of a sudden. I know that I promised you and mom that I will always stay by your side. But.. you know, everything suddenly changed.. and I have to salvage myself before I couldn't. I know it was been so selfish of me that I chose to be far away, that I haven't even told you about the real deal.. why I called off the marriage with Jimin.. I just.. don't want you to hate him and his family. After all, you are good friends with them."

Mr. Lee: "I understand you, honey. But don't I still have the right to know? I know it's been in the past, but I still deserve to know."

Alice: "Dad, I left because of Jimin."

Mr. Lee: "Why? Does he do you any harm before?"

Alice: "He.. He cheated on me, dad. And I saw it with my own eyes... all of you knew how much I loved him, and with the marriage agreement that you put between us made me even more happy. I thought, he also loved me. I thought he was also happy with me... but everything was a lie."

No words left Mr. Lee's mouth. Instead, he moved closer to his daughter and slightly squeezed her hands. His actions are telling her that "everything will be okay".

Unexpectedly, Alice suddenly cried. She is still in pain even after 7 years had already passed.

Her father did not dare to continue with the discussion. He saw how it still pained his daughter. It's enough for him to know the real reason why she left. But after he discover of what Jimin did, he doesn't feel any hatred towards the boy. Instead, he chose to understand the situation. He thought that maybe the boy had also his reasons.

After a while of father and daughter "hearty session", Alice is being told by his father to go to her room and take a rest. Without any argument, Alice quickly moved up to her room.

 Without any argument, Alice quickly moved up to her room

...

Taehyung's POV

I received a text message from Ali, saying that she already arrived and at their home. I was glad and happy that finally she decided to come back home. But on the back of my mind, I am also worried.