Chapter 23

With that, Alice quickly stood up from her seat and is about to get back inside the house when she suddenly stopped, and saw that everyone was actually there

With that, Alice quickly stood up from her seat and is about to get back inside the house when she suddenly stopped, and saw that everyone was actually there. They heard every single thing that Jimin and her talked about. She was embarrassed by the unexpected situation. She decided to continue on her path, and made her way through them. The boys are trying to stop her, but she continued to walk pass through them. They saw her grabbed her car keys, and went outside the beach house.

RM ran after her and managed to grab her by her arms. And when he made hold of her, he enclosed her into a hug.

Alice buried her face on her friend's chest and cried her heart out. She's being comforted by RM, whose heart is also breaking because of what they had witnessed.

Soon after, they released from the hug.

RM: "You don't have to go, Alice. Can't you wait 'til morning? It might be dangerous for you to drive all by yourself at this hour."

"Please let me go, oppa. I'll be fine. I promise. I just need this time alone. Please." She begged of him.

"I will let go of you this time. But please, call me once you reached home, okay? We'll take care of Rina." He finally released Alice's hand.

Alice hopped into her car, and immediately drove away. It was still dark, but she still continued with her path.

RM went back inside the house and joined the rest of the group who are now settled on the couch in the living room

RM went back inside the house and joined the rest of the group who are now settled on the couch in the living room. Yoonah is comforting Jimin.

Jin immediately asked, "Where is she, Joon?"

RM shook his head as his answer.

Jimin emotionally blurted out, "No, no.. why did you let her go, hyung? What if something will happen to her along the way? It's still dark, hyung. I would never forgive myself if something bad happens to her."

Yoonah comforted him, "Chim, calm down. Alice is not a kid anymore. She knows what she is doing. And I'm sure she'll take care of herself."

Yoongi seconded, "Yoonah is right, Chim.. Just let her be for now. I'm sure she needed it, too. After all it's not that easy for her after you two had finally talked everything."

Jimin: "Hyung, I'm just worried about her. I am close in getting her back, hyung. She confessed that she still love me, but why did she have to run away? Am I that hard to trust again?" He doubted himself.

RM: "No, Jimin-ah. I'm sure she is not thinking about that. I think she needs to process everything."

Taehyung also comforted him, "Jiminie, I promise you that you will be getting her back, okay? We will help you take her back.. Just let her be for now. Okay? Come on. Stop crying."

Yoongi complimented Jimin, "We are so proud of you, Chim

Yoongi complimented Jimin, "We are so proud of you, Chim. What you did, is more than enough to make her realize that you are a changed man now. Just like Taehyung said, we will take her back. We will not let her go this time."

Jimin: "Thank you so much, guys. Thank you for being here with me."

Everyone is back in the city

Everyone is back in the city. Before the boys and Yoonah headed home, they dropped Rina on the Lee's mansion. They told Rina that they wanted to stay for a while and maybe get the chance to talk with Alice. But the girl told them that it will be good for all of them, if they will just give Alice more time. Everyone understood what Rina was trying to say. So when Rina got inside the house, they immediately drove away and headed to their home.

Rina went to her room to put down all of her things. She then went to Alice's room to hand her the things she left on the beach house. When she's at Alice's front door, she's quite hesitant to knock.. but still, she did.

A soft knock was heard on Alice's front door. She was sitting on her bed when she saw Rina's head popped in her door. She gestured the young girl to come in.

Rina walked towards Ali's direction after she put away Ali's things.

Rina: "Hey, how are you?"

Alice: "I think I'm fine. I'm sorry if I have to leave in the middle of the night."

Rina: "It's okay. Are you not hurt from driving all the way here?"

Alice: "No. I'm good. Thanks for asking."

Rina look at her friend with pitiful eyes. Alice obviously haven't slept all night. Her eyes are bulging. It was evident that she cried all night. She deeply sighed because of frustration. She wanted to help her, but she doesn't know how.

Rina: "Ali.. You know that it pained me to see you like this, right? Is there anything that I can do to help you? Tell me. I will do my best to help you."

Alice smiled due to Rina's care for her. She knew that Rina is a soft-hearted kind of girl, even though outside she looked like a little brat.

Alice: "I told you, I'm okay. Your presence here with me is more than enough. Thank you, Rina."

Rina moved closer to Alice and enclose her into a hug. Alice hugged her back in return. They stayed like that for some time.

Rina: "I'm so proud of you, Ali. I know it's not easy for you to say your thoughts, but still you found the courage to release them.. I hope this time, you will find your true happiness.. and if Jimin is your true happiness, go for it, Ali.. stop running away."

Alice: "I know, Rina. Thank you. Thank you for being my friend."

Rina: "It's the least that I can do for you, Alice. You've been my family since the day we met. And I will do anything for my family."

Alice hugged her friend even more tighter. Rina kept on nagging Alice to go out of the room, and she managed to convince her.